120 in progress

Now I've put the tank into it's place,

splacebv6.jpg
alt="">

Looks good don't it? :lol: I've filled it up and now doing a freshwater leak test. So far, so good.

testrun1at7.jpg
alt="">
testrun2pi8.jpg
alt="">
testrun3ql0.jpg
alt="">

I've leveled it and and tweak the drains to reduce the noise. Everythings good now, :wink: I hope. Here's a picture of the sump, nothing special, I'm going to place cheato in the chamber with a light clip-on. I'm also going to add liverock to help with pod population.

sumpqf4.jpg
alt="">

As you can see, I have two return pumps, mag 7 straight to return and mag 9.5 to chiller and back to tank. I did this mainly due to the fact I used the equipment at hand. it won't be hard to change out pumps in the future.
I'll be dumping the water and puting the saltwater in tommorrow with sand and live rock. I'm hoping not to see a cycle since the live rock comes out of the 210. The sand is the sand I purchased during a group buy last month. 120lbs. My lights should be in tommorrow also :D I'll be running the actinics solely for the first three, four weeks trying to get the coralline going.

heres a picture of the tank with canopy and running water.

fulltankshotiv2.jpg
alt="">

One question, If you look at the sump picture you can see I don't have a brace in the middle of the stand. Do you think I should put a brace there or do you think it will be okay. I have the brace already and wouldn't be a problem. Would rather do without it though.
So how's it look?

Thanks for looking

been over six weeks since the 120 has been up. No fish yet going to waite two more weeks. actually another month since I'm going to QT the fish. Going to purchase them next week from Saltwaterfish.com. Anyone want to get in on the order let me know.

I'm going to run through some shots to show some progress

tank1om1.jpg
alt="">

halide1ox8.jpg
alt="">

tank1er4.jpg
alt="">

algaeoh5.jpg
alt="">

lobomu5.jpg
alt="">

brainmp6.jpg
alt="">

blastosul3.jpg
alt="">

tankshotjk5.jpg
alt="">

rightsidewe2.jpg
alt="">

Now the latest picture.......the algae has been taken care by my clean up crew. The coral are doing great and I've added a 3rd MH in the middle: DE 20K. I don't run it long but I like the way it looks when it's on. Here's a picture I pick up from Fish Gallery, I weent just to check it out since I've never been in there (very nice store by the way) and seen this clam and I'm a sucker for clams, so I bought it, great price too, especially after members discount.

tankshot3207nj9.jpg
alt="">

newclamyg7.jpg
alt="">

Hope you enjoy the pictures

Well, I added my first SPS frag today. ORA green Milli. I got a great deal on it and couldn't pass it up. I wanted to see how it does before buy a few more. This picture is about 4 hours after acclimation. Polyps seems to be extending well. It's opened up even more since picture, so I'm off and running.

We'll see!!! :mrgreen:

greenmillitm7.jpg
alt="">

@hitillidie wrote:
Everything's looking good...I can't wait to get my 130G up and going. I'll be using this thread as one of my reference's when I startup. Good to see someone actually practice what they preach as far as QT'ing fish and dipping corals before introducing them into their tank.

Cheers!

This morning was feeding time for my coral and crabs. Don't have any fish yet so this is what I look forward to. :lol:

First is my Brain

brainti1.jpg
alt="">

Second is my Green Lobo

greenlobony0.jpg
alt="">

Next is my Red Lobo

redloboli8.jpg
alt="">

And finally my trumphet

trumpetsa7.jpg
alt="">

Here are a few shots I took yesterday, after reading melevreef on taking picture. Trying to get better at taking close-up pictures.

greenmilli2fw7.jpg
alt="">

Full Tank Shot

ftsev8.jpg
alt="">

I think it's paying off, while viewing my tank today, I notice what seems to be small mysis shrimp. :D

I get my first fish tommorrow, but he'll be in QT for three weeks, so maybe the population will be able to multiple.

Hey Carl it was good to see you @ the meeting last week...... your tank is looking SWEET :D keep up the good work and keep the pics coming!

Do yourself a favor and check that clam after dark with a flashlight for pyramid snails. I got my squamosa from FG years ago and it came with a nasty infestation. :roll: I have to pull the clam out every few days to remove the snails with a toothbrush.

Oh, by the way..looking good! :D

Pick up a frag from extreme coral yesterday, pretty sweet! Picture doesn't do it justice.
1002347ki5.jpg
alt="">

Tank is doing well, though my open brain is not looking too hot. Everything else looks good. Don't have any fish yet but I do have a blue tang in QT will place him in the main tank of Tuesday. I do need a wrasse badly, I have little bugs and stuff all over my glass. Their getting very plentiful. I guess waiting 3 and half months before adding fish has paid off in that regards.

What's up Pete? I'll have to post pictures of those too. They are doing great, need a plug for the fuzzy though. Where can I get plugs locally?

I supose there is someplace local that has them. I'm getting ready to order some from this person on ebay. Looks like shipping is the same for no mater how many you order, should I get you a bag of some?

http://cgi.ebay.com/20-WHITE-REEF-PLUGS-FOR-LIVE-CORAL-FRAG-PROPAGATION_W0QQitemZ330109825387QQihZ014QQcategoryZ46308QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Pete

okay, I've added a few new frag that I got from Pete, they're really nice check them out

fuzzymu6.jpg
alt="">

greenslimerrf4.jpg
alt="">

FTS

ftsuw3.jpg
alt="">

Tanks doing alright, I'm having problem keeping Alk and Calcium stable. Alk 12.4 Ca 200 three weeks ago it was Alk 6.8 and Ca 430. I've been adding two part DIY. I don't understand. Well one problem is mag is low 1180 but it seems to be unstable which is unusual for Mag.