115 slow motion rimeless

Jsieger89

Membership Expired
Starting to gather things for my 115 aggressive build. it is 74 long by 20 wide. I'm having a metal stand built for it but was wanting to make the stand a inch shorter in length and a 1/2 in short he'd in width so that once I put my 1/2 wood on the 3 side sit will be flush and super clean... will doing this and having the edges of the tank hang off stand effect the integrity of the aquarium?

I'm Not going to act like I can speak to the engineering behind it, but my first gut instinct says that I'd want all of the tank supported evenly...just my two cents. Good luck with the build as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What you can do is weld a iron strip to the top so if you are using 1" sq steel top strip will be 1 1/2" so it over hangs the sq steel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can what you are saying just put a piece of wood on top too. Do a 45 degree join where it meats the sides and you won't even know it's there b

Integrity won't be compromised unless the tank has water in it. As long as the stand (when finished) supports all the rims there shouldn't be a problem.