Search results

1. R

Can you name that hitch hiker?

I have a quick question for you. I brought a hitch hiker home with me and I am not sure what it is. I am hoping you might be able to tell me what it is. It does NOT like light. I have him in my display so he retracts every time I turn on the lights. I got a pic of him under my actinics yesterday...
  2. R

Rick's 100 gallon tank build

So I figured I would start a tank build log for those who might be interested in following my progress. Empty tank dying to be set up.JPG
  3. R

Replacement impellers - Know a good place to purchase?

I started out by doing a search in the forums to see if anybody might have already discussed this matter. I searched for "replacement impellers" but did not find a topic that discussed the best place to make said purchase. I have a number of maxi-jet power heads as well and a few Mags to run my...
  4. R

Cooking? some live rock- How long should it soak?

I have been following a thread off of reefcentral that one of our members had linked to: http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1587539&page=5 I have tried to follow thru it all but I seem to still have a question. I was hoping I might get some feedback here. I have done the chlorine...
  5. R

Need assistance designing a sump

first try
  6. R

Question/Concern regarding new chiller

I got a jbjlighting Arctica DBE-200 1/4 hp chiller for Christmas and just set it up over the weekend. I am getting unusual results from it though. The owners manual states that it will sense a +/- 0.2 degree temperature change and turn on and off accordingly. This has not been the case. I have...
  7. R

To Eurobrace or not to Eurobrace....

.... That is the question :) How about a few opinions/ answers? I am not sure as to how much it will add to the price. Looking at getting a 140 gallon with dual overflow 60Lx18Wx30H. Next question: I can get my drain and return drilled whatever size I would like. I think the standard is 3/4"...
  8. R

HELP! The power went out..... but for how long???

My babysitter called me at 3:30 to let me know there was an alarm coming from my office. I asked her was anything on and she said no. I asked her was my sump flooding and she said it did not look like it. I explained to her how to reset the breaker and rushed home. The "alarm" was my UPS I have...
  9. R

Reeftek Dual Chamber Calcium Reactor Instructions

Does any of our wonderful members know where I can locate a copy of these elusive instructions? You would think that just maybe you would be able to get them off of reeftek.com but you can not! They did not come in the box and Jorge did not e-mail them to me as he promised :( I have a...
  10. R

Which is better Knop or Korallin Calcium Reactor?

I am beating my head against the wall trying to decide who makes a better reactor. The Korallin looks nice but the C-3002 is 28" tall. I hear a lot of good things about Knop as well BUT which one? They have three different types to choose from...
  11. R

JBJ or Pacific Coast Chillers? Which one is best?

I am not sure if this is the most appropriate forum to ask this question or not. I guess if there is a better one then one of the moderators will move it for me? Anyway I need roughly a 1/5 to 1/4 hp chiller for my tank. Yes I know it is winter time BUT Summer will be back soon enough. I found...
  12. R

Newbie needs help!!! Going to be at meeting tomorrow night??

Hello ALL! My name is Rick Snoddy. I am very glad to meet you! I just signed up today as I needed to post and ask a question. I have been reading this board along with reefcentral (the two seem to kind of go together??) for about the last three months. Lots of good info to be had! I have tried...