Search results

1. L

LFS to stop by before leaving

I'm staying in the galleria area and would like some refs to go see before leaving town. DNA is open til six tomorrow, but I don't know how close any others may be or if they will even be open tomorrow. I'm looking mainly for nice sps and maybe some cool fish. Thanks, Kevin
  2. L

Maristar fixture

Anyone taken one apart to replace the t5 ballast? I think mine has just gone out.
  3. L

Co2 check valve

Where is the best place to get a quality Co2 check valve? I'm pretty sure the rubber seal on mine has lost it's usefulness. Seems to be letting air into my CR. Thanks
  4. L

Getting rid of sponges

I've got a pretty large colony of micromussa that has gotten some sponge growth between some of the polyps. What would be the best way to get rid of the sponges without harming the micro polyps? Is it true that sponges exposed to air will die? If so, I could just take the colony out of the...
  5. L

Which PO4 test kit?

I was wondering which test kit do you use for phospates? I normally use salifert, but I was wondering if they are the best option for po4 testing. Please let me know which you think is easiest to use with most accurate readings. Thanks
  6. L

Efflo

Anyone have a plating acro like an efflo? I miss mine so much. I just like plating corals I guess. Please post pics so I can live vicariously. Thanks
  7. L

ORP Calibration and general questions.

Hey guys been a while since I've hit this site, but my question is to users or Ozone.. I've got a red sea ozonizer I haven't hooked up yet because I don't know the best chamber to get or how to calibrate the ORP probe I have for my Aquacontroller II. Can anyone with experience give me an idea...
  8. L

Anyone looking for a black and white clam?

Billy at www.riptidesreef.com has one listed. It's a milkyway maxima. Has green rim and black/white stripes. I just got an order of 6 clams from him and I couldn't be more pleased. Great guy to deal with if anyone is looking for some nice clams.
  9. L

Aquacontroller help

I just recently got a kalk reactor. I'd like to set it to stir every 6 hours for 2minutes. Can anyone suggest a command line to do this? Thanks
  10. L

Clams and Ozone

Anyone have difficulties running ozone with clams? Don't know if I really want to set up the ozonizer I recently picked up. Thanks
  11. L

reeflux 12k MH bulb

Anyone use a SE bulb on pfo hqi ballast? If so I'd be interested in seeing some pics. I'm considering these bulbs as it's time for a change.
  12. L

Let's see some DFW Lords and Micros

I'll start off with my favorite Lordhowensis at the moment. alt=""> A closer pic alt=""> Kevin