Search results

1. B

First explosion of photosynthesis fluid - Man  mushrooms leathers cup all oozing

[I have had my first big shooting of photosynthetic bacteria. I have heard that it can cloud your tank. man I was a bit surpirised. Right after that happened every polyp that I could imaging coming out came out. I guess it was a feeding frenzy or something. should I be concerned? All the...
  2. B

Help my montipora caps are dieing - Turning white.  green one has red tint

[Not long back I removed a mushroom from the side. It was touching the monti polyps and was hurting them. after that everything seemed fine now 4 inch by 1.5 in area is decimate. the polyps in the other areas are out like they should be. the only recent change was to add a water hydro unit to...
  3. B

Tank pics - Took some new shots

[Here are a couple of shots]
  4. B

Hydor flo diffusor - Just bought one and am impressed

[I just hook up one of the flo diffusor and am really impressed wtih the rotation and the motion in the water. I have it hook to a cap 1800 so it is moving quit a bit of water. My lights actually get a little bit brighter when it breaks the water surface with the refraction created by the...
  5. B

Refractomer - I took the plunge and was i surprised

[I could not bring myself to pay the $50 to buy a refractometer. I had two different hydrometers from when I first purchased my tank that read differently so I had taken both to the lfs and checked against theirs and have been using the one that matched theirs ever since. Now to yesterday...
  6. B

I had them all - The last post was posted by me

[Ues i did it. I was the last to post a comment on the first page of threads. What an accomplishment. Party Party yah :taz: :cool grin: :uhoh: :lol: :beer:]
  7. B

Who am i.  can you figure out who? - Take a guess at what this is?

[Just thought this would be fun. Anyone take a guess as to what this is. The image has been blurred a little to protect the innocent. Who ever guesses right wins!!! I do not have a prize you just win.]
  8. B

New arrival - My new plate

[Thought I would share this guy with you. Shot this pic with my daughters new Canon 20D]
  9. B

Feeding of the eel - Hand feeding

[This is a shot my little girl snowflake eating from my hand. She has not tried to bite me "yet" but has sniffed my fingers with food and then chose the food. She is really gorgeous.]
  10. B

Salt; the new frontier  hw marinemix - Ok so its a stupid topic

[I can now say that my change from Oceanic to HW Marinemix is complete. My Calcium level has been steady at 460 for the past 4 weeks and I can finally say that my Alk level is holding at 10-12 using Kent super dbkh every other day. I am not having to add calcium at this time. My water changes...
  11. B

Mandarin pic - He is so cute

[Thought you would like to see how Mr. Mandarin is doing.]
  12. B

Red crab hitch hiker - Extra surprise

[I have found 2 or maybe 3 little pinkish red crabs running around in a piece of acro that was a raffle prize. The little guys are quick to hide but as soon as I get a chance I am going to take a pic and post it. My question is is there a chance that these rascals are bad? Could they be there...
  13. B

Cloudy eye on my regal - Help!

[My Regal has one eye that looks real cloudy. The other eye has a little of the same. Any ideas as to what this is. My tank is now showing no signs of ick. A month ago I had been fighting ick on my pwbt and a little on the rt. I do not have any fish scratching or flashing the sand. Steve...
  14. B

Mandarin - Eating well

[Mandarin from this Wednesday's meeting is doing well and eating like a little pig. Just a fyi. Steve]
  15. B

Lost my pearl bubble today - My loss

[:sniffle: :sniffle: :sniffle: I lost my pearl bubble today. Ever since I went to my larger tank he has been hit and miss. One day he would look good and then the next he would be drawn up. I moved him to different areas in the tank trying to find that spot but overnight he went down fast...
  16. B

Saved atang at petco - They did not even know what kind''just a

[I have not been able to positively identify him but I will. I may or may not keep him. Depends on how he reacts with the rest of the. crew. No pics yet but he is 5 in long with a curved tail and long dorsal. his pectoral fins have some yellow coloration to them. the body is bluegrey with...
  17. B

How oftern and how much do you feed. - Are we feeding enough or not enough

[Persoannally I feed ny fish about every 18hrs a mixture of flake, frozen. I maintain sheets of algae hanging for my Tangs. For my SPS, LPS and softies I dose the water with zoo, pyhto, microvert, and chromaplex. I feed my wolf eel daily and my snowflake about every other day. How do you...
  18. B

Red algae pod - What is this?

[This is in a Nano cube at a friends house. Anyone know what this stuff is?]
  19. B

Ick on a regal tang

[I have a Regal that is getting a case of ICK. All the other fish are good it is just him. I have been feeding heavy on the garlic flake and he eats it like crazy. I do not seee him arguing with any of the other fish. He is in a 140, eats well. Are these guys prone to a prob. Water is at...
  20. B

Mega worm - No wonder the coral banded could not win

[Just thought I would bring joy and awe to the post for today. Check out this monster. I think I will have him mounted. He came out of a piece of rock I purchased a couple of weeks ago from an LFS. They had got the rock from an individual and jokingly said that there was a whopper in there...