Search results

1. C

Feeding amount?

So I have a 20 gallon tank with a chromie a blue damsel 2 redfoot snails 10 margharita snails and 15 hermits is 1/2 a cube of food per day too much 
  2. C

Red Sea nano max 20

Howdy folks its been along time since I have been here i have been out of salt tanks for a couple of years due to many failures. Well i spent the money and set up a redsea 20 gallon nano so far i love it but i have a ton of questions and am looking for a fairly knowledgeable person to help me...
  3. C

Hardy Zoanthids?

Hi guys my tank is doing great got a pretty decent knew light and my parameters have been very stable since my tank swap a couple of months back The whole plan with this tank was a zoa and softie tank hopefully some euphilias that get huge in time . But for now I would like to start with some...
  4. C

what corals are possible now ?

I picked up a 4 bulb coralife t 5 today and was curious what varieties of corals does this thing have the par to keep happy in a 40 breeder. i was hoping most zoas id like a couple of sps like a monti cap or satosa but i doubt they will flourish with this light but im always looking at new...
  5. C

snail babies

well I went to feed my wifes nano tank an acrylic cube 12x12x12 its been going for well over a year now and today I seem to have had a snail spawn there were about 80 snails on the glass about the size of a large mustard seed maybe a tad bit bigger i dont think these are the standard ones that...
  6. C

proposed stocking list 40 breeder

Now that the fish are moved and happy and water quality has improved greatly id like to slowly add a few more fish. Id like to add a little variety to the tank and some more color. I intend to start adding zoas once i get my new lights in (kessell 150s) but for fish I was thinking the following...
  7. C

semi emergency tank move?

I have a nano tank that is slowly seeping water nothing major or dangerous...yet i have two possibles choices for back ups a 20 long and a 40 breeder . niether of which are started my question is can i move all the water sand lr and filtration directly over to a new vessel or will this cause...
  8. C

food rinsing?

I have been battling water parameters for a while all around instability and poor quality . In my research I have seen it mentioned that thawing frozen cube food in ro/di and straining after is a method that is commonly used . Could someone explain to me why this is better . My thoughts would...
  9. C

preowned liverock

Have you guys and gals bought preowned liverock from fellow local reefers . Anything I need to be leary or wary fo when doing son.