Search results

1. R

Sebae Anenome? Or something else? Need ID!

Bought this at my local fish store the other day and was wondering what exactly it was...It was sold to me as a Sebae Anemone but from ones I've seen on the internet, this looks different almost like a Ricordia or Mushroom? But I'm pretty sure its an anemone. It does sting. The tips all have a...
  2. R

Is it normal to have a coepod outbreak? Good or Bad???

This morning when I hit the lights I noticed over 1 million coepods on the front glass. Tank is 63" long and there were hundreds of coepods per square inch on ALL sides of the tank. My chromis went crazy eating them once he saw there was a overnight bloom. Not just are they on the glass but they...
  3. R

Does home depot still sell pulverized limestone sand???

I heard years ago that people were using sand from home deopt. Heard people calling it southdown/pulverized limestone/pavestone. Do you guys know if home depot or lowes still sell this? If not do you know who would? Heard it works well so thought I would give it a shot. :D
  4. R

Anybody familiar with das h39 filter

Bought a das 160 gallon and the overflow is actually the filter system. I have no ideal how this thing hooks up or what is even missing. Was just going to use this until I can get enough money to rip it out and start a under tank sump. I emailed das and they sent me a link explaining how it...
  5. R

Who sells overflow kits (silicone in tank)

Was wanting to make my tank reef ready and was only going to drill it if I could find an overlow kit that I can silicone to the back. Im not a big fan of the hang on back overflows, but will go that route if I HAVE too. I have looked around on salt water aquarium sites and cannot find nothing...
  6. R

What lighting do you recommend on 100 gallon tall???

Getting ready to purchase halides and was wondering what would be ideal. The tank is 48Lx15Wx31-1/2D...I am planning on corals down the road so adequate lighting will be needed. Was considering 2 250watt but didn't know if that was reasonable. Quit the hobby several years ago but am starting it...
  7. R

100g tank with surface scratches in glass? how to remove?

I just purchased a used glass 100gallon tall aquarium. It has alot of minor surface scratches that will annoy me down the road if I dont take care of them now. I have saw several kits that are suppose to remove scratches but what was wondering what worked for you guys before I experiment? Any...