Search results

1. P

Peppermint shrimp eating coral!

I have two peppermint shrimp that were doing fine for awhile and now they suddenly seem to have grown an appetite for my coral. At first I thought they were simply cleaning some frags I got but now it's become clear they won't leave them alone. They keep walking on them picking at the edges and...
  2. P

Woke up to dripping tank. What to do?

After spending the weekend setting up my tank I finished filling it last night. I awoke this morning to see that the tank was dripping from the corners of the bottom trim. Woe is me. It's a DAS 110gal which has the filter system removed and an overflow built in. Is there anyway of correcting the...
  3. P

Is this the correct Home Depot sand?

After searching the forums quiet a bit I couldn't seem to come up with any one name for the sand that ppl say they have purchased at Home Depot. For those that have bought it before I have attached a pic. Could you please tell me if this is the correct sand, and if not, is it useable anyway?
  4. P

It's all dead, so sad :(

:cry: Yesterday my friend called to inform me that my whole tank had suddenly died. When I say all dead I mean all dead, copepods were stuck to the glass, worms had crawled out onto the sand bed, the fish, hermit crabs, starfish, and snails, it was all dead. The only thing that survived was a...
  5. P

Slug outbreak?

[It all started several months when I spotted a funny looking slug with half of a shell on its back roaming my tank. I thought it was cool. Then, last night I counted 6 of them!! They only come out at night and don't seem to be causing ne harm. Should I be concerned of these things over...
  6. P

Eibli angel and tank temp? - 2 different questions.

[I picked up an Eibli Angel a week ago and to this day have not seen'm eat ne food whatsoever. All it does is swim in and out of rocks pecking at the rock work and some corals. How is it still around without eating?? I also noticed a chunk of sponge suddenly missing, could it be to blame? I...
  7. P

Where to get tds meter?

[Ne1 know ne local places that sell TDS meters? thanx]
  8. P

Id please

[What is the polka-dot looking thing in this picture? pic] Edited By phaux on 1081952055
  9. P

Surface scum?

[Came home this weekend to find that the water at the top of the tank had a layer of what seemed to be some type of scum floating on it. I used a jug to skim it off several times and it seemed sorta oily but when u touch it it looks like it's breaking into multiple pieces of scum. Sry for not...
  10. P

Anges reef safe?

[Are full grown angel fish reef safe?]
  11. P

How do u kill xenia?

[I have xenia growing out of control on a rock and it's starting to kill the other coral. How do u get rid of it? thanx]
  12. P

Coral dying?

[I'm only running 2 48" fluorescents, so the other day I decided to swap one of the bulbs to pure actinic and increased the hours the lights are on from 7 to 9 thinking this would help the corals. Now my elongated xenia has shrunk to about 15% of its original size, there are pretty much no...