Search results

1. A

Adding a DSB to existing system.

Ok I have been looking at adding a DSB and would like to use one of my fuges for this but have been told its not a good idea in the fug but I have seen others using it this way with great results. I have also thought about using a bucket or just make a DSB run across the top back of the...
  2. A

Aquatic Therapy 300 Gallon Build...

I will be starting the 300 build this Thursday and very excited about the extra space this upgrade will give the fish and I can finely have room for all my shelf rock and some caves. I will be picking up the setup on Thursday from Ron (triggafish99) and hope to have the staining of the stand and...
  3. A

My 300 gallon setup.

I will be starting the 300 build this Thursday and very excited about the extra space this upgrade will give the fish and I can finely have room for all my shelf rock and some caves. I will be picking up the setup on Thursday from Ron (triggafish99) and hope to have the staining of the stand and...
  4. A

Skimmer Pump Upgrade???

I'm looking into upgrading my skimmer pump to one with more gph was thinking about the Mag7 and wanted some opinions on what to go with. The skimmer is the ASM G3 and I'm also going to do the rec mod and will the sedra 5000 be good for that? Thanks Kendall
  5. A

My Pico Build.

Ok here is the Pico I have on mydesk at the office. It has been setup a little over 2 months with rock and sand from the 150. It still has the filter that came with it and a mini-jet 404, heater and a Odyssea 24w light. I'm in the process of building a fuge on the back that will only be an inch...
  6. A

What is this on my rocks?

I have some little anemone looking guys on a rock?
  7. A

Maintenance Question.

Ok my tank is 4 months old now and doing great but I have a question on cleaning when it comes to the fuge. Do I need to do anything special other than cleaning the sponges, pumps and skimmer cup? I have also noticed what looks like light grey dust settled on the sand in the fuge and its worked...
  8. A

Help with Iodine test kit...

I have a Seachem Multitest: Iodine & Iodide Test Kit and have tried it and somehow cant get it to work. everytime I get nothing on color even with the referance sample and I do regular water changes. The reason for the test is to make sure my shark has the corect levels in the water. Does anyone...
  9. A

Fish Trap...

I have a couple fish I need to catch and it looks like I will need a live trap and was wondering if anyone had one I could use for a couple days. Thanks
  10. A

Cleaning and Maintenance Question???

I was looking to find the best way to clean my tank and ran across this artical and they said to stir the sand bed every month Is that correct? I thought that would just realese the bad stuff into the water is that true? http://www.vividaquariums.com/bcleaning.asp
  11. A

Colt Coral Help.

I Picked up a Colt Coral Last week and It was about 6" tall with a trunk about 2" wide and when I put it my Tank it shrunk to about 3" and has not come back to it normal self. What could be the problem? Water perameter. pH = 82 ammonia = 0 nitrite = 0 nitrate = 0 Magnesium = 1200 Temp = 76.8...
  12. A

Big Thanks...

I just wanted to say I'm amazed at the comradery on this forum and wanted to give a big thanks to the all the members that have answered my questions and who have hooked me up with live rock (for a great price), Kenya Trees and Macro. I can’t wait till my system and knowledge base gets to the...
  13. A

Fuge help.

I have a new fuge setup with miracle mud, 20ls of sand and 30lb of rock and was wondering what should I stock it with for it to work as needed i.e. algae, worms, stars and so on. This will be a FO setup till it matures a bit. Thanks for the help. Kendall Edit: This is a new setup with no fish...
  14. A

New to the Board.

Hello all, I have been in freshwater for 5 years having a beautiful collection of Zaire Frontosa and made the change over to saltwater after about a year of studding on tank setup. I currently have a 150 gallon with a 30 gallon fuge, G3 skimmer and a MAG 18 for the return. Not looking at getting...