Search results

1. D

Water Testing

I sent a water sample from my 300G to Aquarium Water Testing to check against my testing kits/methods with the following results: AQUARIUM WATER TESTING results Ammonia (NH3-4) Good 0 0.000 - 0.050 mg/L Nitrite (NO2) Good 0.005 0.000 - 0.100 mg/L Phosphate (PO4) Good 0.01 0.000 - 0.250 mg/L...
  2. D

Euroreef RS80 Skimmer

The Sedra 3500 pump on this skimmer froze up and I am looking for replacement pump suggestions.
  3. D

LIVE BRINE SHRIMP

I ordered a leopard wrasse along with live brine and the brine is not going to be shipped. Need a local source until I can get a culture going. Help! [smilie=wink.gif]
  4. D

How can I lower my Magnesium?

My level is above 1500 and I think that is affecting my inverts(snails in particular). What can I do in addition to stop dosing to lower the levels?
  5. D

Par meter

Found this doing a web search for par meters. Thought it might be of interest. http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/diy/120109-diy-par-meter-yeah-you-heard-13.html
  6. D

Stuff to fill your reef

For great stuff to fill that empty spot in your reef. [smilie=smile.gif] viewtopic.php?f=5&t=90585&start=0#p679952
  7. D

MP10

My mp10 is making a racket. I have cleaned the wet side and it is moving fine but the dry side is very noisey. Does this indicate a failure of the dry side? [smilie=sadsmile.gif]
  8. D

pyramid snails

Well my 6 line wrasse committed carpetcide three weeks ago and I went on a week vacation and noticed that my crocea clam had clamped up this morning. Went home at lunch and pulled it out and found it covered with pyramid snails. Cleaned it off and put it back in the tank. Anyoone want any...
  9. D

DI resin

I have made a set-up to re-generate the DI resin and was wondering if anyone is willing to save their spent resin for me to pick up at the next meeting? LMK
  10. D

Tunze/Apex

What do I need to connect Tunze's to my Apex?
  11. D

Salinity monitors

Is anyone monitoring their tank salinity? I have an Apex but the cost to get the salinity monitoring is over $200 vs. a Pinpoint Marine monitor for $120 or so. With my dosing the salinity rises(magnesium salts) so I will need to watch it somehow.
  12. D

SICCE PSK 600/1000 PUMPS

Has anyone tried one of these pumps on their skimmer? I am getting tired of the restart problem with the PSK 2500 on my SWC250! [smilie=sadsmile.gif]
  13. D

Apex controller

My Apex has been beeping for the last two hours. All systems seem to be OK and the Box shows a green light. Any suggestions?
  14. D

Any Ideas?

Not really. I moved a 125 from one room to another but I removed the livestock, water, rock and the sump. There are tank moving companies out there.
  15. D

Carbonastrophe

Well Murphy's Law struck me today. I finished putting together a carbon column for the ozone outfall and hooked everything up, turned on the maxjet feed pump and before I could say Cr#p the carbon in the column came out the top of the tube, into the sump and the pumps picked up about a half cup...
  16. D

Leap Frog alarms

Buy.com has them for sale! 2 for $19.99 with free shipping.
  17. D

Chloramine

I purchased some catalytic carbon for the chloramines that NTMWD is adding to the water and need to know where to place it in the RO/DI filter system. I know it needs to go before the RO membrane. My system has two carbon blocks( 5 and 1 micron) and I was planing on inserting it just before...
  18. D

Outer Orbit HQI/T5 fixture

All of the T5's in this light quit working at the same time. I replaced the switch and that did not help. Does anyone on the eastside( I am in Garland) have a 39watt fixture I can use to check the bulbs? Any suggestions on how to check the ballasts? It has 4 ballasts so I don't think that...
  19. D

Avast Skimmer cup cleaner

Anyone tried this product? http://www.avastmarine.com/ssc/do/product/proteinskimmers/SWABBIE
  20. D

Chillers

Well the used chiller I purchased ran about a month and gave out so I am looking at purchasing a new one as soon as possible. I am looking at the Current Prime 1/3 HP and the JBJ 1/3 HP in-line units. I have a Apex so do not really need a controller built in but that seems to be the only way...