Search results

1. V

Cooling question

Since I added the t5's to my tank my Temps are going up just a little...I tend to keep my tank around 80-81 and now they're getting up to 82...which is where the Apex kicks them off till it cools back down. Really don't want to get a chiller unless I really need too...could I run a fan setup...
  2. V

Apex Controller

So, if I'm looking for something to help monitor my temp and pH level what would you guys think, the apex Jr would suffice? Is there any reason to get the more extensive controller? I have the marineland pro led fixtures and I'm happy with the control in have over those, I have the 2 mp40w...
  3. V

Flow/powerhead question

I have a 150 marineland tank, 48 x 30 x 24. My question is how much water flow do I need? I have a mp40w, a aqueon powerhead rated at 950gph and a mag 9.5 return pump. I have sps, montis and zoas...do I need more flow, if so what would you guys suggest, another mp40w and ditch the aqueon?
  4. V

Bio pellet reactor question

So I went to DNA Sunday and purchased a aquatop bio pellet reactor...I am new to this game and trusted the judgement of the guy there. I was going to purchase a reef octopus one or the next reef, but the employee assured me it was a great product and would be great for me, even though he could...
  5. V

MP40W question/help

I just bought a used ES MP40W and got it home, plugged it in and it works good for about 30 seconds then the LED turns green and it goes to half power. I can unplug the power from the driver and plug it back in and I can go through the different modes and use the know and adjust the flow and it...
  6. V

DIY LED help

I am wanting to build an LED kit for my tank I'm starting up. Nothing special, I just really like zoa's so that's probrably the only corals I will do...If anything else would be an SPS or 2, like montipora. I have been reading my brains out trying to figure out where to buy from...what to buy...