Search results

1. H

Hooterhead's Lagoon

Wow. Can't believe I'm doing this. It's been a looooong time since I've even thought about doing a build thread. If you don't know me, I'm Brandon. I've been living the very overworked/under appreciated life of a fish store employee since late 2004. What started as a cool college job turned into...
  2. H

Coral Identification needed

Looks like it could be a pavona.
  3. H

Pics of some of my babies.

These are some of my more agressive fish. My Ambon scorpion Red/Pink Leaf fish (newest) And my Sea Moth (creepiest)
  4. H

Looking for Berghia Nudibranchs

Good luck. Premiumaquatics.com has them now and again. That's about the only place I've seen them in the last couple of years.
  5. H

Wormish ID por favor

Saw this worm looking thing in the sand bed today. Looked to be scraping algae off the glass but can't be too sure. Has a snail like mouth. It's about 1.5" long. Anybody got any ideas? Pics are from the bottom side of the organism obviously. alt=""> Head end... alt=""> Rear end... alt="">...
  6. H

hooterhead's PICTURES!!! UPDATED 3/29

Well some of you have seen my 60 cube. if not, see it here, http://www.dfwmas.org/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=26987&highlight= The 60 actually is gone now. The heater to my apartment got stuck on during the last cold spell we had and cooked everything. I lost 4 tanks including the 60. Many of my...
  7. H

Anybody used _______?

Anyone used the JBJ K-2 Viper HQI's yet? I'm looking at the 150 watt model and have heard that they do not have a great amount of coverage. Anyone else have any experience? Thanks Brandon
  8. H

PICS!!!

I don't post here much and have never posted pics of my tank but I'm finally happy with it...for now. For those of you who don't know me, my name is Brandon and I work up at FishMan in Denton. I've been there for a little over a year and have been in the hobby (saltwater any way) for about 6...
  9. H

VHO bulb configuration

OK, on my 60 cube, 4x75 watt VHO's were added about a month and a half ago. I'm having trouble figuring out what bulb configuration I like. The way I've got it now, is...see diagram...(the light blue is Actinic/white) My question is, How are you, who are running strictly VHO setups, configuring...
  10. H

Flood alarm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there an alarm that will go off if you have a spill/flood? Does anyone know what I'm talking about and who makes it? Seems like I've seen one somewhere but can't remember now. Thanks!
  11. H

Howdy!

Hello all! My name is Brandon and I work over at FishMan in Denton. (I'm the tall skinny guy with the freakishly deep voice). If you don't know me, you should stop in and meet me. I've been keeping SW tanks for about 5 years now and the addiction has fully set in. I've got a 60 cube that's...