Recent content by Tattel

1. T

PO 4x4

Reef Interests PO4x4.....Anybody used this before or had experience with it and is it really different or more enhanced than say regular GFO?
  2. T

PH and cycle

I set up a new tank and put a few live rock and a couple cups of live sand from my existing setup(4yrs old). I have it running for a week now and have not had any rise in ammonia nitrite or nitrates. I did notice today that ph dropped to about 7.8 from 8.2 over the past 36hrs. Would that...
  3. T

Sump light

I saw a standard plug in flourscent light at lowes. Would that be sufficient for chaeto in a sump? I also saw a plant light next to it would that be better?
  4. T

Putty

Does anyone know where else I can find the green and white Aquamend? HD used to have but now they have a different brand and that stuff looks like it will cure dark grey. The other stuff cured whitish and looks more natural on the scape.
  5. T

TAttel's 40 Gal Shallow Rimless Build

Ok after almost a year of postponing my upgrade build I am diving right in. Current tank: 34gal Solana New tank: 32X24X12 rimless purchased from dfwmas member with a 20 gal sump/refugium I consider this an upgrade of sorts and all of this is new to me so here it goes!!!
  6. T

Light coverage ???

I noticed Fosters and Smith has a sale on T5 extreme Pro. My question my tank dimensions are 32L x 24w x 12H. Would the 20int5 be enough coverage. I plan on hanging the light with the brackets etc. Any thoughts? I was also looking at 24" aquatic life T5s but it would be 4 lamps instead of 6
  7. T

Lighting opinions

34gal solana the MH pendant or Nova extreme t5 i have narrowed it down and going to be same cost wise for me. I plan on taking it slow but may eventually get more advanced corals. I would say the room is a bit on the warm side. Any opinions on heat/energy efficiency or does it not really...