Recent content by skgru

1. S

beckett injector skimmer ?'s

I bought a myreef mrc-2 skimmer, after it runs a few minutes the becket injector fills with water up to the air holes and stops producing any bubbles. How can I fix this? do I need a new injector ? any suggestion are welcome . I upgraded from a PM venturi skimmer an I'm not really familiar with...
  2. S

sps fell into torch

I have an acro fall into a torch coral 2 nites ago . I pulled it out and moved it away , now the tips where the sps was stung are bleached white the rest looks fine . Will it recover ? what should I do I just picked it up from S P last weekend I don't want to lose it. Thanks, Scott
  3. S

Ricordia splitting - Natural propagation

[I got this blue ricordia about 2 months ago down in Houston. came home friday to see this pretty cool. Scott alt=""> alt="">[/url]
  4. S

New 250's which lamp ?

[I'm fixing to purchase new mh lamps . lookin to get some input on what you have and why you like them. Scott]
  5. S

Rose moved onto glass what to do?

[My rose moved to the upper corner of the glass about 2 weeks ago .I thought it would have moved back to the rock by now, it is healthy and eating . Its been in the tank about 5 months and had stayed or around the spot I had put it then. Water parameters are good all 0's calc 450 alk a little...
  6. S

Pics of my blue ridge

[Got this about 2 weeks ago from Big fish aquatics. The polyps finally started to come out about a week ago cool looking. Scott alt="">]
  7. S

Need help sps guru's

[I HAVE AN ACRO THAT IS BLEACHING ON A COUPLE ENDS AND LOOKS LIKE RTN ON ONE END . SHOULD I TRY TO FRAG THE HEALTHY LOOKING BRANCHES ? WHAT IS THE EASIEST WAY TO FRAG IT? BREAK IT UP GLUE IT TO SOME RUBBLE ? ANY SUGGESTIONS ??? THANKS, SCOTT]
  8. S

Potters angel anyone have one in their tank ?

[They are beautiful little fish. Does anyone have one ? If so how long have you had it ? I heard they have a poor chance in captivity . I have a chance to pick one up I'm just doing some more homework on keeping one before I buy. Thanks, Scott]
  9. S

What do you look for when buying an acro

[Title asks the question. How can you tell if they are healthy, how can you determine the color most are brown .What do you SPS guys look for when purchasing ? Thanks, Scott]
  10. S

My first acro - Please help id

[Pick this up today could not pass it up, Could someone help ID it for me? I've wanted to start getting some but usually they are either not healthy looking or to expensive. This one had an acro crab in it an a emerald crab that hitched a ride. alt="">] Edited By skgru on 1108249608
  11. S

What is this red algae?

[there is some on the rock and some growing on the sand . I think it is some sort of valonia how can I get rid of it seems to be spreading. sorry for the large pic when I cropped it you couldn't really see the algae. Thanks, Scott alt="">]
  12. S

Posting pics

[trying to see if I figured it out alt="">]
  13. S

Calcium reactor located in sump ?

[Does any one run their reactor in the sump or do you run it external ? Any drawbacks of putting it in the sump , I want to keep the area outside the stand clean as possible . I don't have room under the stand the sump fills it up. The reactor drips a small amount around the base is the reason I...
  14. S

Calcium reactor media ?

[Bought a new reactor , I'm wondering what kind of media to use . What do you use and why ?]