Recent content by silveradobobby

1. S

Oceanic Illuminata 58G Complete Setup FS

Have a Oceanic 58G star fire rimless tank for sale comes complete. $800 obo What comes with it 58g rimless RR tank, matching black oceanic stand, eshopps sump with 4" filter sock, Mag 9.5 return pump, Reef Octopus 110 Skimmer and Acan Lighting LED light (this is the top of the line LED light)...
  2. S

Time For Chiller Service

With the cooler weather coming its time to get your chiller repaired or service for next spring. Feel free to contact me if you need any service. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. S

Official Teco chiller authorized repair tech

As of today I am the official repair tech for Teco in North Americas so any repairs or question feel free to give me a shout! They will have a web page for me up soon. Also I repair all other brand chillers too!
  4. S

Bobby's New 57g LED Tank

After downsizing my 130g I purchased a Oceanic 57g rimless tank and decided to go pocketbook friendly as far as maintenance and bulb changes this time around everything in the tank came from pieces in my 130. Here's a quick run down of the goods. Oceanic 57g Illumnata tank with matching stand...
  5. S

New Kent Reef Salt

Has anyone tried the new Kent Marine Reef Salt yet? I ordered 2 buckets today.
  6. S

Looking for black trim

I'm building a tank from scratch and need to see if anybody know who can build me the black plastic trim that goes on top and bottom of the tank size 72"x24" and no glass cages does not make them that size already called. Thanks
  7. S

Drilling my tank

I'm in the process of build a tank from scratch and have it all built but need to know where to drill the holes for the overflows. I will 2 corner overflower with returns and wanted to see if there is a layout or template for where the holes go so they fit in the over flowboxes? I will be using...
  8. S

DI Resin Usage

I have noticed the past few months that my DI resin is being used up quicker than it used to I'd say about after 200 250 gallons. Before the resin used to last about 500+ gallons. I changed all the pre filters and also the membrane but still no change. Its a 4 stage system getting 188 tds...
  9. S

JBJ nano 12dx tricks and tips

Post here your tips and tricks you have done to your jbj nano cubes. I like to see how you keep your tank cool without chillers.
  10. S

My New 135G Reef

Here are some pics of my new setup I built about 2 months ago I forgot to take pics when I was building it but here are the pics of everything. Everything but the tank was built by me! Specs 130G Custom Built Tank 5/8 Glass with 2 pieces of 5/8 Glass on bottom for support. 80x24x14--Free Current...
  11. S

Best color for 150w DE

Its time to buy new MH 150w DE and was looking to see what bulb out there has the best color in the 14k range I want the blue more than white! I'm thinking of going with the current brand bulb because they produce a nice blue color and had alot of success with them. What are your opiuions on bulbs?
  12. S

Moon Lights

For those who use moon lighting how long and when do you use them?
  13. S

To 14k or to 20K

My MH bulb change is coming up on my tank and was looking for color out of my corals which bulb is best for that 14k or 20k its 150w and I have all kinds coral soft, zoes, sps. lps and clams. Does anyone have pics of a 14k bulb and 20k bulb in their tank to show the difference? Also there is no...
  14. S

Algae ID Please!!

I think its daitoms? This has started up pretty good I can vacuum it up and within an hour its back! Heres the my stats. Sal 1.026 PH 8.12 Alk 11dkh due to me raising the ph Mag 1400 Calc 450 Nitia 0 Nitri 0 Phos 0 Amm 0 Silc Low Temp 79.1 RODI used as top off all new TDS 0-1 Silc 0 MH Bulb is...
  15. S

Update On Solana

Here an update on my new 34G solana about 1 month old! Plus got a new camera today and trying out! http://www.dfwmas.org/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=59856