My New 135G Reef

silveradobobby

Premium Member
Here are some pics of my new setup I built about 2 months ago I forgot to take pics when I was building it but here are the pics of everything. Everything but the tank was built by me!
Specs
130G Custom Built Tank 5/8 Glass with 2 pieces of 5/8 Glass on bottom for support. 80x24x14--Free
Current Orbit Light MH/T5 combo 3x150W MH 14K (Swithing to Phoenix Soon) 8x 39W Antic T5's-- $300
55G Refuge Built by me--Free
CPR 1500GPH Overflow with Aqua Lift Pump--Free
30W Coralight for Fuge--$20
QuiteOne 6000 Return Pump--$50
Super Skimmer 220 Skimmer with air pump mod--$60
ReefKeeper 2 Controller--$Free
2-K4 for flow--$60
RO/Di 75 GPD Filter built into stand for top off--Free
Azoo Fans and top of tank for cooling controlled by controller--Free
No Chiller need stays a cool 77-78

So a grand total of about 180G.

The Stand is built with 4x4 frame and then 2x6 frame built on top of that and on bottom and then 3/4 osb plywood on top and bottom of that this stand can hold a car!! :D Lighting is supported by a 4x4 frame built in the ceiling in the attic and hung by aircraft grade stainless steel cabling. Most of the stuff was givin to me from a really good friend that didn't want this stuff any more!

Pretty Cool Water Changing system built by me with 2 44G brute cans on wheels on has a mag drive 9.5 pump epoxied to the bottom of the can hard plumbed to mix the water and salt and goes to a bulk head at top of can with quick connect hose fitting to return water to tank with a hang on return system out of pvc built by me nad a kent float valve with quick connect to hook up to my RO/DI system. Makes it soo easy to make and change water just fill and salt turn pump on let it mix for a couple of days and right temp and just plug the hose in and fill the tank back up!
For Livestock
350lbs of Cured LR
150lbs of LS
Regal Tang
Dej Tang
Flame Angel
Six Line Warasse
Yellow Tang
True Perc
Sand Sifting Star Fish
Branded Coral Shrimp
Tons of SPS, LPS Softies.

Off to a good start looks like. In the future... do you plan on removing some of the LR to make it more open?

Cheers,

No I've always had great success with rock walls insted of a more open aquascape. I would use an open aquascape but due to the tank being only 14" deep the wall was the best choice on this.