Recent content by PK

1. P

Various Equipment

Hi, Is the stand still available and how much would you like for it?
  2. P

Flooring question.

We are going to replace the floors in the house but with the appending arrival of a 300 gallon tank I am afraid I might make the wrong choice. The foundation is concrete but I was told that a laminate floor or wood will crush under the weight of the tank. I don’t want to do vinyl and tile from...
  3. P

Heater question

Heaters have always confused me and with the new tank on its way I need some help.... How many total watts will I need for a system that will have about 360 gallons of water? I plan on running 2 heaters 3 if necessary.
  4. P

Need some wed on 16. Found some.

Anyone in the Fort Worth, Arlington area have any Weld on 16 taking up space in your drawer you want to sell?
  5. P

RIP Mr Chromis

Return from which you came. After several years in my tank the oldest inhabitant has gone the way of Davy Jones’ Locker.
  6. P

Will a 1.5 inch bulk head fit a 2 inch hole?

Will a 1.5 inch bulk head fit a 2 inch hole? TIA Peter
  7. P

I got worms!

Looks like it is time to get some gloves! :shock: :wink: I wonder how many more I have and if these guys are the reason I am unable to keep hermit crabs and shrimps in my tank?
  8. P

lighting Question

Good Morning! I am setting up a 30 long RR with a 30 long Sump as an SPS tank and was wondering how high will I need to install a 175W Metal Halide so it wont be so intense. I was thinking 24 inches above the water line. What do you think? Tank measures 36l x 12w x 17h Thanks!
  9. P

ID please. Are these pyramid smails?

Please say no! 8) If these are what can they be feeding on as I dont have any clams.
  10. P

bulk head question.

I should know this but......What size bulk head do I need for a 1.75" hole? Thanks!
  11. P

Where do you keep your reef's specific gravity.

This is just my curiosity. Some say 1.026 others say higher. What do you say? :D Thanks Peter Edit: meant to say 1.026. I got 1.022 on my mind cause I just finished setting up a FOWLR tank.
  12. P

New metal halide bulb makes ringing noise.

Hey gyus and gals. Anyone experiance a ringing noise from their MH bulbs? I just replaced mine with a Ushio 10K 175 and am using an Icecap 175 balast. The sound come and goes and the bulb does not dim. Any ideas? Thanks!
  13. P

copapods disapeared?

odd things are going on in my tank. I just noticed tonight that my pods are gone. Both copapods and anthrapods don't seem to be present. I also had a very large population of Mysid shrimp that are now gone. On top of that my cleaner shrimps are no longer caring eggs. Any thoughts on what may...
  14. P

Is this aiptasia? Please help decide fate.

I just noticed this guy today as the lights came on. It seems to be light shy as it started to close up but not completly. I have seen aiptasia before but this guy looks diffrent some how.
  15. P

TDS How high before you change DI?

How high will you let your TDS get before you change your DI cartridge? My readings are... TAP 245 after DI 15 Changing my cartridge soon.