Recent content by OctoPunk

1. O

Torch Issue

Help! I have a 4 headed Torch that I have had for over a year. He starts with one head and has been thriving the whole time I have had him. Now he is almost completely sucked in ALL the time. His tentacles are visible but just barely. like little stubs. His flesh has not changed color really...
  2. O

Fluval Spec MODs and Build

Thanks for lookin! I will be adding pictures soon and pictures after modifications. In the mean time I have added pictures of the items I am working with for referencing purposes. I have a 2 gallon Fluval Spec That I have set up as a PicoReef. It has been set up for 9 months and is doing...
  3. O

Red Sea Mimic Blenny

Ok so I just picked up one of ORA's Mimics from Rift to Reef. Been waiting for this fish for what seems like forever. He is every bit of cool I thought he could be. Unfortunately because of his rarity I am finding it hard to locate much information about them. I am looking for anything on the...
  4. O

What is this?

Saw this crawling around the front of my tank before the lights came on, right in front of my pistol shrimp abode. Its tiny, maybe a centimeter across and it just kept pacing back in forth over and over in the space of a couple inches. It looks like an insect minus the legs. To be honest it...
  5. O

AHHHHH!!! Whats Happening!!!

I came home from work yesterday to discover a few of my fish hiding and all of my coral sucked in and/or looking miserable. Specifically my small colony of Acropora (3" high - one branch). Which had gone from a beautiful blue and purple with tiny bright green polyps to a ghost white with tiny...
  6. O

Maxi Mini Question

I got a Maxi Mini about two months ago from Dallas North Aquarium. it was about 3" in the store, which was good because I wanted the smallest one I could find. He looked fully expanded at 3" so I thought I was good. Brought him home put him in and everything was good. he attached himself in a...
  7. O

Phosphate levels never change

I am having problems getting rid of phosphates. No matter what I do, they always read .08ppm using the Red Sea Test kit. I tried the API kit to see what it would give me and it showed .25!!!! over and over again. So yea im gonna just chuck the API kit, it sucks. Anyway I tried looking at the...
  8. O

Zoa's wont open

I will preface this with informing you that I do not have a picture of the colony. I removed whatever the substance was as soon as I saw it. i wish I would have had the foresight to document it but alas it is not so. Ok, anyways, whatever this thing was it has caused my Zoanthid colony to...
  9. O

Help Me!!!!

Ok Here's a little back story so ya'll have all the info. Bear with me I know its kinda long. BACKSTORY: I'm in the process of transferring tank stock from a 20 gallon to my new 55 gallon with a 20 gallon sump/fuge. The 20 is fully loaded with coral and is bursting at the seams, hence the move...
  10. O

Euphyllia Frogspawn Tissue recession/falling off?

Good day all, I have a Branching Frogspawn that I have had for 8 months. In that time it has sprouted two heads bringing it up to a total of three heads. It has been healthy and obviously growing ever since I got it. I noticed a couple months back that I wasn't seeing growth as fast as before...
  11. O

Flow Issue

Hey guys, I'm setting up a 55 gallon with a 20 gallon sump/fuge right now and I'm having a bit of trouble. this is my first big tank. the last one being a 20 gallon with a HOB filter so never had to do any kind of plumbing before. I've been doing alright so far I think, only a few mistakes to...
  12. O

Finger Leather Coral Damage

Can anyone please tell me what this is? I have this Finger Leather Coral with these White craters of varying sizes at the base of the fingers. I have a Green Clown Goby that lives in this Leather coral (afraid he may be eating or chewing on it). I also have a Starry Blenny who likes to deposit...
  13. O

GPH Question

Question....I have a 55 gallon tank that I drilled with a 1" bulkhead on the back pane (the bottom is tempered). The bulkhead sits in the center about 6 inches from the top. I used a 1" bulkhead because I was told that 1" drain would give me about 700GPH of flow. However after reading somewhere...
  14. O

Bulkhead

Im attempting to Plumb a 55 gallon tank. Im going to be adding a center drain hole in the middle of the back pane and two return line each on opposite ends of the back pane. The drain will have an internal overflow insert put over it and the return lines will have .5" loc-line. the bulkheads...
  15. O

55 Gallonn Tank Build

Hello!!! I'm Jeff and I fairly new to the hobby. I started at the beginning of the year and I'm obsessed! I have a 20 gallon nano reef going right now and a 2 gallon pico reef for my desk at work. both tanks are running great and have been for months. The only deaths I have had was from one...