Recent content by nickihn

1. N

Has anyone purchased from saltwaterfish.com?

http://www.saltwaterfish.com/Seahorses_c_57.html They have a good deal on erectus atm. Wondering if anyone has experience with them.
  2. N

Lost my 1st Seahorse today :(

Be SURE to cheescloth or use a fine mesh near overflows and pumps!!!! Actually thinking of using a mass of cheato up there now instead of cheescloth so if anyone has solutions to share let me know. Been raising them nearly 5 months now and thought I had my new tank proofed. The slats on my...
  3. N

Take out a damsel asap?

We brought home a fish today that we were originally told was a chromis. Just found out it is a damsel instead. This is our 1st fish. We already have alot of inverts including sexy shrimp. Current corals include dendros, chromis, shrooms, GSP, galaxia, zenia, pulsing singulara, and frog...
  4. N

Mystery ID

These guys came in on our LR with some denros. After we started getting a handle on the dendros we noticed that another coral on the same rocks(3 rocks, each rock has both types of coral, not present anywhere else in the tank but these 3). When we first put it in the tank we thought they were...
  5. N

How to ID critters

We put our LR in the tank on Sunday and found some anemones on 2 rocks. We looked on this site, on lots of other websites, and showed them to a local fish shop. I also posted on the anemone section. I emailed the original rock owner. No one can ID these guys. The do not sting, but we do not...
  6. N

Got an ID- Not an anemone

Here is the answer we got on what these are... These appear to have an underlying (calcareous) skeleton... I suspect they are either single polyp Dendrophylliids or Rhizangiids... Please see the Net and WWM re. Please see here: http://wetwebmedia.com/dendroidfaqs.htm We have set up our new...
  7. N

My 125g Reef Tank Setup

Thought I would share my experience in setting up my 1st large saltwater aquarium. I am very new to this hobby and DFWMAS has been a great resource and hope to give back where I can. My wife and I use the same account and she has helped tremendously as well doing all the research and helping get...