Recent content by mmiller40

1. M

Extreme home theater bass and reefs

Anyone have a stupid size sub in the room with your aquarium? Installing a new setup and my living room opens into my dining room where the reef is at. I dont think rattling the tank will hurt but kinda concerned about resonate frequencies under 20 hz.
  2. M

Ebay LEds for fuge light?

Anyone using one of these? 10 watts and claims 6000-6500K. I won one for like 12$ delivered. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-10W-100W-LED-Flood-light-White-Warm-White-Outdoor-Spotlights-12-24V-85-240V-/261222349993?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item3cd210bca9
  3. M

Best deal ever at a LFS?

Everyone has found something awesome mismarked or under appreciated at a LFS. Please share you score. Ill start. I found a Eheim 2260 canister filter that retails for 500$+ on the used rack a few weeks ago for 25$. I got to the register and they said used equip was 25% off and I used my 10%...
  4. M

ID tiny snails plz

These are going pretty crazy in kids FO tank. Not sure where they came from since I acid washed his rock. Never seen anything like these in all my years.
  5. M

Plz ID some randoms zoa's for me

I got tons of each of these. Need to trim some back soon and was wondering if any are desirable, ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360181591.098619.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360181604.159284.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360181615.187382.jpg
  6. M

Find the Lawnmower blenny {pic}

He has been hiding here for the last week or so. He is too funny. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348900710.137906.jpg
  7. M

Flake food, whats a good flake? pros and cons

I have seen many people talking about feeding flakes. We make our own frozen mix and also feed PE mysis. When I started in the hobby most everyone was avoiding flake and I dont remember what the reason was. Is this still true? Is there a good choice for flake food? Would be nice to not...
  8. M

Silicon baking mats to silence pumps and sumps

I been talking about this for a lil while and people inquired where I get them, what they look like etc. I had to pick up one today so I snapped a a pic for you guys. We moved my monster calcium reactor under the kitchen cabinets yesterday. The pump was causing the entire cabinets...
  9. M

New setup. Need a custom 375 gallon tank and some opinions

The 90 is packed and my equiptment is oversized. Instead of going to Macna we have decided to throw 3-4k at a real large show aquarium. I'm thinking rimless 96x30x30 glass. Might have a center brace so I can mount 2 48 inch maristars fixtures, 3 mp60s and upgrading my skimmer. I need a...
  10. M

Holy guacamole a mp60 has crazy flow

I must have been a good boy As the reef fairy brought me a new mp60wes today. It was my kids birthday so I did not get it hooked up till late tonight. I have been running a single mp40w on 90 with great results but wanted a bit more water flow on the far side of the aquarium. After I...
  11. M

ID these fish please video

You cant see the colors in the video. The tail and under body is pink and the body is green and blue. There are 4 but the other is hiding. One seems to have a lot more color than the others. Anthia? Damsel? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLWyvnlAcT8&hd=1
  12. M

ID this frag plz

I have 3 of these and absolutely love it
  13. M

temp effect on coral growth

Someone told me corals grow faster at 80-84 degrees. Is this true? Anyone have this experience? My chillers are both sit on 79 and drop to 77 and 77.5. If this IS true then are their negatives? Like more algae growth? It would take all of 5 minutes for me to change the setting on the...
  14. M

GFCI keeps tripping

I bought one of these to put on the 28 HQI in the bedroom. http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100117184/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=Gfci&storeId=10051#.UBIhAmt5mSM Every time the lights come on it trips. I reset it and it's fine. So I decided to run...
  15. M

Anyone else love the smell of fresh live rock curing? Totok

Got this today for my girls 28 HQI nano. 119$ delivered (on their website 99$ delivered /sigh) box was a little beat up and a few pieces were broken and maybe 2 pounds of rubble. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343101440.504651.jpg This box is 4x3 foot for comparison. 25 pounds