Recent content by lamfish

1. L

Green Brittle star turning brown?

Hi I have a large green brittle star. The tentacles are startint to turn a little brown? Starfish seems healthy though. Have anybody seen this or Does anybody know what is happening to him without guessing?
  2. L

want to make my 46G oceanic bowfront to be Reef Ready

I am thinking about making my 46G oceanic bowfront into a reef ready tank. The problem is, oceanic doesnt make 46G bowfront reef ready tanks. Also, i cant drill a hole in the bottom of my 46G bowfront because of the tempered bottom glass will shatter if drilled. I've heard that if you use the...
  3. L

Water Evaporation Top Off Device

Hi i have a 46 gallon bowfront with a wet/dry filter. The tank water evaporates quite frequently and i have to top off the water by pouring water in the sump perhaps every 3 days. Does anyone know how to build a device that automatically tops off the water when it evaporates?
  4. L

Website for Reef Hitchiker ID's

Hi does anybody know a website that shows pictures of small unknown creatures that pop up in your tank out of nowhere? I have found many types of these in my tank including small snails, bristleworms, peanut worms, small feather dusters, q-tip shaped sponges, copepods, amphipods, etc. I just...
  5. L

Torch dead head - Dead head on torch, will it come back?

[Hi i have a torch with 8 heads on it. unfortunately due to water change without enough salt, the torch couldnt take the salinity drop and one of the heads died. the salinity was corrected the next day and all other heads are back to normal. will the dead head grow new life?]
  6. L

Powder blue tang diet

[Hi ive had my PBT for 2 months now. It seems pretty healthy and swims gracefully through the tank all day. it seems to be doing fine with exceptions of a few problems. The only thing it is willing to eat is frozen brine shrimp. ive tried many other things like frozen omnivore diet and seaweed...
  7. L

Hammer and torch - Friends?

[Hi i have a hammer and a torch coral next to each other. do these two get along or will they sting one another?]
  8. L

Kenya tree and green star polyps - Friend or foe

[hi i placed a kenya tree near my Green star polyps. now the star polyps stopped coming out. i think they might be dead. does anyone know if kenya trees might sting green star polyps?]
  9. L

Powder blue and corals

[Hi i have a 46 gallon tank with about 50lbs of live sand and 50 lbs of live rock. My corals are as follows: Kenya Tree Bubble Coral Orange Zoos Orange Green Zoos Torch Coral Green Mushrooms Brown Mushrooms Xmas Tree Rock Xenias Brown Star polyps Green Star Polyps Brownish Green Star polyps I...
  10. L

Propagatint mushrooms

[Hi, i am trying to learn how to propagate mushrooms. Ive herd to just cut the mushroom into pie peices and ive herd to slice em and thump them so the spores will spread? does anybody know the proper technique to propagate mushrooms? I need all the info i can get. Thanks]
  11. L

Evaporating tank water

[I have a 46 gallon Bowfront. Im using a 75 Gallon Wet Dry sump. For some reason im having to pour in like 2 gallons of water every other day. I know the tank and sump is not leaking so i believe the water is evaporating. is this normal?]
  12. L

Mated true and false percula clowns

[Few questions about perculas Whats the difference between False and true Perculas? What are mated perculas?]
  13. L

Id this coral someone!

[Can someone ID this bubble lookin coral? Thanks]
  14. L

Mangroves in tank

[I have placed some mangroves in my tank in attempts to control nitrate level. Can mangroves be submersed under water or does part of it have to peek out above water level?]