Recent content by kristia_2004

1. K

help with light setup!

I need help on how to use my new lights... I have a Sundial T-5ho with two 39 watt 460nm high output t-5 lamps, two 39 watt 10,000k high output t-5 lamps, with 4 moon lights. My tank is 58gl, I only have a gsp in it. I was wondering if I had to had one set of lights on longer then the other...
  2. K

Cheato dieing???

Ok, so my tank does not have much in it at all-- it is a 58gl with a 20gl fuge. All I have in it is live rock, chocolate chip star fish, a huge snail and a gsp that was growing really good but has started to get smaller. In my fuge my cheato has been dieing off... It was doing really well; it...
  3. K

hair algae now

Ok my tank has been up since June, I just added some zoos and fish on the 13 of July... It started about 5 days ago in the fuge, it was all over the crushed coral and the sides. I added some snails and crabs and the crushed coral is clean now... today I woke up and it’s all over my base rock in...
  4. K

one week-4 days-water change?

My 58gl has been up and running for one week 4 days... I did the dead shrimp for 3 days and my ammonia and nitrites levels are starting to rise, I was wondering when do I do my first water change? And how much should I change out? Thanks
  5. K

cracked skimmer... can anyone help?

I dropped my skimmer the other day and it has two little cracks in it... I was wounder if anyone could help fix it, or have any ideas? I am wanting to set my tank up next monday. its a sealife system. Kristina
  6. K

I messed up what do I do?

well I wasn't wanting to start my tank up till next month, but i went and bought my wet/dry filter, overflow, 20gl fuge, protine skimmer.... Well i didn't know that my fuge was gonna come with the water, plant, live sand, live rock.... the plants look like they are dieing... should i cut my...
  7. K

DO I NEED LIGHTS YET?

so i have a 55 gl tank and i am buying my overflow, skimmer, sump, refugium tomarrow I was woundering if i need lights yet if i only put LS and LR into my tank? with out fish and coral.... though i was thinking about getting sun coral being they don't need light. please let me know what yall think.
  8. K

Just bought my 55 gl now what?

So i just bought my tank, its a 55 gl. I bought it from a lady down the street and she used it as a freshwater tank. I am in the middle of scrubing it with soap. I am new to the whole thing and am wanting to start a reef with bubble coral and a few other diffrent types. So what do i need to do...