Recent content by Kelly Mac

1. K

Seeking room mate

alt=""> easy going, very messy cowfish in search of companion to share 100 gallon living space. Must be non-aggressive, and easy to get along with. :wink: really, can you guys recommend the perfect tankmate for this guy- I was thinking maybe an angel? Or a butterfly? What do you think?
  2. K

are these hydroids?

alt=""> (the lil white pinwheel lookin' things) :?:
  3. K

limit for lights out..

Hi guys, Thanks so much for all of your help so far. I have a question regarding leaving the lights off on corals. In the last week of June we are going out of town to Port Aransas for five days. We did this last year and I'm happy to say that all of my fw fish survived, no problem, they...
  4. K

odd swimmers in my LR

Hi all, I was just checking out some of the deep holes in my live rock, and in one (only one) I see itty bitty critters, about the size of baby brine shrimp, swimming back and forth in the hole, probably a good 100 of them. any idea what these are?
  5. K

Can you identify this hitch hiker

:?: This little guy popped out of the rock in my nano yesterday and he's been all over since. Is it a starfish of some sort? alt=""> alt=""> Sorry I can't provide better pics. I thought he was just a blob of rock when I could see him the best.
  6. K

Reef chili

Has anyone tried this before? http://cgi.ebay.com/REEF-CHILI-CORAL-FOOD-FOR-Copepods-tonga-fiji-liverock_W0QQitemZ7752191868QQcategoryZ66793QQcmdZViewItem I didn't realize eBay had such a huge marine section. This stuff seems pretty interesting though, I'd like to hear of your experiences. His...
  7. K

Is this aiptasia?

Hi, I set up a small five gallon which I plan to hopefully grow some mushrooms in. I just set it up today and moved the live rock over from my larger tank. I noticed right away that I have a couple hitch hikers...is this aiptasia on the right? And if so, how exactly do I get rid of it. I've read...
  8. K

Rock shifting?

Hi all, My tank has cycled and now temporarily houses a couple damsels and about 50 pounds of live rock. It's nowhere near ready for corals or anything, I still need to accumulate a lot more LR. Anyway yesterday I adjusted my outflow a bit so that I don't get any dead spots. This stirred up all...
  9. K

Starting a syphon on the overflow

I can't get it to start!! :? A friend did once when it was fw it took her like a second and a half using airline tubing? Well, I've been trying for a good thirty minutes :oops: I searched around, but couldn't find any topics regarding this so sorry if it's a common question (I would imagine...
  10. K

An introduction and thanks

Hello Everyone, My name is Kelly and I'm from Fort Worth. I've kept freshwater fish all of my life. Over the past few years I've accumulated well over 700 gallons of water in my house. I breed and raise show bettas and they're a lot of work. I have an entire room dedicated to only them. Last...