Recent content by jborlace

1. J

150w MH

I have a 40 breeder. Is a 150w MH with a Phoenix 14k enough light for the tank. Only have zoas and LPS at the moment. I would like to add some blue also but not sure how I would do that with the fixture already hanging in the middle of the tank. Thought about a two bulb T5 to go along with it...
  2. J

Calibration fluid ?

Anyone have any calibration fluid that don't live to far from corsicana ? Trying to get my refractometer calibrated. I used distilled water but still think it's off.
  3. J

About to give up !! Lol

My Zoas aren't opening up all the way. It's pretty much every ZOA in my tank. Frogspawn is fine and splitting. Torch is fine. Hammer is fine. GSP is great. Kenya tree is fine. Only the zoas are affected. I dipped em in bayer. Looked a lot cleaner and healthy afterwards but still not opening...
  4. J

Zoas not doing to good.

Most of my zoas aren't opening up very good anymore. Amm, Nitrite and nitrate are all 0. Cal, Alk and Mag are all high. They have always been high no matter what. SG is 1.025. I was using instant ocean salt but am switching to reef crystals. Local fish store told me instant ocean wouldn't cut...
  5. J

Wavemaker ?

I'm wanting to get a controllable wavemaker. Looking at a wp25 or an mp10. The price has me leaning towards the wp25. Tank is a 40b. Any experiences with either of these. Any long term reviews of the wp25 ?
  6. J

ID ???

Anyone have an idea what this is ? alt="">
  7. J

What corals for a beginner ??

I started my tank as a FOWLR. Well now I'm wanting to start getting some corals. I ordered a new 4 bulb T5 fixture. Was going to go LEDs but couldn't afford it at the moment. What corals would you folks suggest I start out with ? May be looking to get some frags this weekend. Thanks !!
  8. J

Dry rock

Anyone know where I can get dry rock in the DFW area at a reasonable price.
  9. J

About to set up my 55g !!!

I have a 55 gallon that I'm planning on setting up in a couple of days. I'm starting out with sand, crushed coral and of course salt water. I'm going to use distilled water until I get my taxes done and then I'll get a RO/DI unit.. I'm adding a couple of pieces of raw uncooked shrimp to get...