Recent content by ihookah

1. I

Freakishly Large Worm

Just thought I'd share this article I ran into while surfing the net. http://www.oregonreef.com/sub_worm.htm smDh... 7 damn feet of worm!
  2. I

Adding Sand + Cycled tank = Disaster

Found out the hard way that adding sand to a cycled tank triggers another cycle... I didnt know this... unfortunately suffered a loss.... what happend was the following: Levels spiked up after a week Fish got stressed Water changes didnt help Ich Havoc $300 worth of fish down the drain currently...
  3. I

what kind of butterfly fish is this?

I picked up two of these.. what is the type? Anyone know? Please tell me they r reef safe.
  4. I

Peppermint shrimp babies?

Hello all, Quick question... I was looking through and just doing my nightly inspection on my tank when i came across one of my two-spotted gobies' old den.. there are a bunch of small spec-like i want to say fish, but not certain lil tiny creatures zipping around in the opening.. only thing i...
  5. I

Need help quick

I made the mistake of buying a powder brown tang from petco and it has manifested with ich.. I dont have a qt tank and have corals and inverts in my display(150g).. I need some help on how to contain or better yet irradicate the ich infestation.. its only on the brown tang right now.. and its...