Recent content by Hooked

1. H

double filtration

currently have a wet dry running on my 135 and I have a refugium that will not fit in stand. was thinking about running the refugium externally with the HOB and doing 2 filter systems. any thoughts?
  2. H

Finally got my 55 up and running and I have a skimmer question. I built a 10 refug - bio-balls in the 1st chamber - center has the sand and cheato - last chamber has the return pump. I really have no room for a skimmer and I was wondering if a bio HOB filter would work? I am not sure if I need a...
  3. H

dead corals

Okay I broke the life line in my frogspawn and it has since gone to coral heaven :cry: My question is can I let it dry out and reuse it as decor or do I just put it in the round file cabinet? :oops: an expensive lesson - I have learned
  4. H

T5 vs PCs

I have 2 24" current 130 watts on the rear of the tank and a 36" with VHO actnic and 10000k daylight on the front right side. I have a chance to get 2 60" long T5s 2 80 watt bulbs and 2 actnic my concern here or question would this be a step up or down? Iam running probably around 400 watts...
  5. H

DAS Conversion

Okay folks I need your expertise. I have acquired a 110 (I think) DAS show tank. The original skimmer is the pits - could I use the existing box inside the tank as an overflow box or do I have to cut it out. :? I am looking at sumps for underneath but cannot figure out what to do for the...
  6. H

Lionfish

Okay - I bought a 58 gallon for a quarentine setup and a place to rehome my snowflake eel. While I was at work my 7 year old (Jacque) talked his mom into a lionfish. So much for my idea. :sad: I informed him that he has now limited my/his tank. Any suggestions for a tankmate? I thought maybe a...
  7. H

clam help

I am trying my luck with a clam addition and now I am concerned. It is a Crocea Clam and has been in my tank for about 6 weeks. Over the last couple of days it barely opens - sometimes not at all. I have it under PCs on the bottom and I have sinced moved it a little closer to the top. Any...