Recent content by downwithfescue

1. D

What types of fish in a Coral Tank

Any recommendations? fighting the urge to put in Coral Beauty and/or flame angels...
  2. D

VERTEX ILLUMINA SR260 - Thoughts???

I am thinking of getting this light for a mixed reef tank. I have an oceanic 105 which is 28" deep. Anyone have any reviews?
  3. D

Aptasia - New Tank - Angry

OK, I need some help. I am starting my tank up 2 1/2 weeks with dead rock. I go to my LFS and pick up a piece of live rock to help seed my tank. Aptasia!!!! What is the best method to get rid of this. I look at the tank and didn't see any at the time. Thanks for any advice. Colin
  4. D

Lighting Options for 48" Tank With 13.5" Brace

Hello again, I am still in process of getting my tank ready so I have some time. My tank is 48" long by 28" high and 18" deep with a 13.5" 1/4" brace in the middle (Oceanic 110 gallon). I am going to put in a 4" DSB and would like to eventually have LPS and SPS corals. Can anyone recommend a...
  5. D

RR Tank Uneven Flow

Hello All, Today I finally got some water in my 110 Oceanic. I have a refugium and the return pump going. The issue seems to be the flow is very inconsistent. The water will go into the drain section and then every 30 seconds it rushes down and then steady. I think there must be an air...
  6. D

Live Rock

Hello All, I have a few questions and hope someone can help me out. I would like to buy some live rock but don't know how much or what kind and from where. I have a 100 gallon Oceanic and have some rock that came with the tank but would like to seed a Deep Sand Bed and bring some critters...