Aptasia - New Tank - Angry

OK, I need some help. I am starting my tank up 2 1/2 weeks with dead rock. I go to my LFS and pick up a piece of live rock to help seed my tank. Aptasia!!!! What is the best method to get rid of this. I look at the tank and didn't see any at the time.

Thanks for any advice.

Colin

Tank size? You can shoot it with kalkwasser paste. If you have a large tank a copperband will eat them, plus they are beautiful.

@downwithfescue wrote:
110 Gallon. I do have some Kalk. I will fry the basterd... Thanks. said:
Don't just dump it in. Get a syringe at the drug store and take the needle out. Use that to shoot them up. Careful cause it will burn corals.

That's going to happen. It's also your job as a hobbyist/consumer to check your corals/rock etc when you buy them and when you get them home. I've learned this the hard way and so have many others on this forum.

If it is just one just put a piece of putty on top after couple months pop the piece of putty off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@coralreefer wrote:
[I]@DoctaReefer wrote:[/I][quote="Yeah go ahead and avoid a Lfs completely because of aptasia on a piece of rock lol geez said:
Yeah I have yet to go to one that didn't have one somewhere."]

I can deal with aiptasia. It's finding a LFS without flatworms that's killing me! Glad I'm set on corals for the tank for a good long time