Recent content by Austinswill

1. A

Tool to remove larger rubble from sand?

Hey everyone...  My sand over time has lifted the larger rubble bits to the top.  I would rather most of the bottom be actual sand...  The tank is pretty deep so I really need a rake/basket to reach down in with to sift out the larger bits and leave the sand behind... Is there anything...
  2. A

Was wondering if anyone can reccommend tankmates!

So My tank is coming along nicely.140 gal w/ heaps of Rock, refugium, Echo tech lights and pumps/vortechs.  RO skimmer.  Daily 2% water changes and ATO w/kalkwassa.  In stocking this tank I have decided to go with a large biodiversity of critters on the small side... So no big tangs or anything...
  3. A

iSocket- a little review

I bought one of these for my tank.  It can do quite a bit but what I wanted it for was to be notified in the case of a power outage or temps getting out of whack.The iSocket works with a SIM card and has its own battery.  This is pretty unique in that with other devices if your home loses power...
  4. A

FS: 2 Ecotech MP40 drivers

I have 2 functioning EcoTech drivers for MP40's (NOT QD)   They also do not include the wireless adapter (can be purchased)Can be used to replace faulty board or you can scrounge up the other parts you need  (Power supply, wet/dry sides)50 bucks OBO takes the pair.PS: I have listed my wet sides...
  5. A

FS: 2 Old style MP40 wet sides

2 wet sides I removed after an upgrade to QD's   ( not compatible with QD dry sides)50 bucks for the pair!
  6. A

For Sale, Reef Octopus INT 150 classic

[[]]Great condition Reef octopus INT150.Custom 3d printed downspout included as well as a metric to US pvc adaptor so you can do something else if you want.Works great, I just need some space in my sump so I will have to go another route.$100.00  Obo Currently in my tank skimming away, Would...
  7. A

Setting up auto WC system... need a 2nd set of eyes, advice and options.

Hey everyone.  I have decided to set up an automatic WC system to do ~2% daily water changes.  The system will only need the reservoirs drained and refilled once per month.Since I have absolutely no way to get to a drain line so I am going with 2 55 gallon tanks that will be in a closet behind...
  8. A

Need help... .Vortech pump driver mixup

Hello,  I thought I ordered a pair of MP40wQD upgrade drivers and wetsides.  Well, the package came, I installed everything.  It's all working but I just noticed that I got the MP10wQD drivers as I had ordered them by mistake ( no idea how I made that mistake).So everything has been running...
  9. A

Getting back in, doing it right this time.

Hi everybody,It has been a long time for me.  My first go at a  tank was pretty much a disaster.  To keep it brief, I was a cheapskate and made my own rock with oyster shell and portland, my own skimmer, my own sump and designed the most convoluted plumbing scheme you have ever seen to convert a...