Zebra Bar Gobies

debdp

Premium Member
Any experience with them. I ordered three and have had them for a few months now. Two are always together, the 3rd is a bit larger, slightly lighter in color and occasionally bullies/charges the other two, but not super aggressively.

Last week I noticed the third one, bullying one, missing. I searched the tank, sump, overflow, carpet...nothing. I tried various foods to coax it out...I hid out of sight and watching the tank...Nothing. I assumed it died. But suddenly this morning he comes out of the rock work joining the other two for food. I'm unable to find a lot of info on these guys as far as sexing or mating. The two that are always together live inside the rock work or swim about, but the third/odd man out so to speak lives inside the GSP ball and is quite shy rarely coming out except to feed. Thanks in advance for any info.

I have three total. I added two at the same time, and the third about a month or so later. All are the same size (around 4") and I have never seen any acts of aggression among them. When I added the two at the same time, both of them found a spot in the tank they liked to burrow in. A week after I added the third, he found the burrowing spot as the other two and has been with them since.

@nta1902 wrote:
I have three total. I added two at the same time said:
Thanks. The other one finally showed up like 3 days later. He lives inside the green star polyps. The other two dwell inside the rock work separately.