Yellow Finger Gorgonian

one of my favorite corals ive seen so far. i got one, YESSS! :D
its difficult, so i hear, i just couldn't pass up the deal. ive seen one of the same size go for $60-70, i got mine for $15 get this..... at Petco! :lol:
he just has a bad limb, thinking of fragging it off.
if any of you have any advice it would be greatly apreciated.

thanks guys

yep i kno i did target feed it yesterday and it stayed out since then.
i dont have a skimmer so theres alot of little goodies for it to snack on :wink:

I had one last for a few months when I first got started. They don't survive under PC lights... Target feed and good lightning and flow and I am crossing my fingers for you! At that price I would have tried again also though! I have found a few good deals like that at PETCO too. All of the fish I have bought through PETCO have lived which is a better record than the LFS have. anyhow... Good luck!!

Yeah I would be very careful with it. They are definately hard keepers. I once had a frag that did WONDERFULLY! in my seahorse tank in a certain spot. Heavy flow and heavy food in the water coloum and it should do fine. It should always have it's polpys out and extended with thick branches. Best of luck with yours.

i thought gorgonians were inverts not corals. So i checked on saltwater fish.com and it has them under inverts too. BUt i dont know this may be something different and i just dont know what im talking about, wich is what yousally happens.lol

I think if you have it in a place where you have high flow you will starting on safe ground. I have a few Gorgonians in my aquarium and they thrive in high flow areas. I have tried that one in the past, and I learned if it gets happy, dont move it.