X-10 Components for Reef Controllers

@aentrop wrote:
Are X-10 components universal? Or do I have to buy one specifically made for the aquadyne octopus 3000? said:
x10 is a standard and there fore universal. Ebay has some great deals.

Fry's has them too, although I don't know how competitive their prices are compared to E-bay.

@joelq wrote:
Fry's has them too said:
Usually 2-4 times more expensive at Fry's... But, when ya' need a module RIGHT NOW, it's good to know Fry's is there at least...

There's also Automated Outlet in Lewisville (Also mail order)... They have a lot of the more advanced stuff (That's where I got my 220v active phase bridge to connect the two phases of my house together... Makes X10 FAR more reliable)

http://www.automatedoutlet.com/

I've used X10 for various home control projects for over a decade. Best source is www.smarthome.com. They have everything X10 and great prices. But I've found X10 to be, at best, 95% reliable. For lowering electric bills by turning off lights, 95% is fine. But for anything more critical, beware.

Insteon is a newer technology that is quite a bit better. When a controller sends a signal, the receipient device sends back a confirmation. Once again, Smarthome is a source.