WTB Reef Octopus 300INT Impeller for Aquatrance 3000

mginster

Premium Member
I need a replacement impeller for an Aquatrance 3000, older model...exactly as the pump shown in the link below.  Or does anyone know where to get one?  It appears coral vue has it discontinued.http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/reef-octopus-classic-200int-8-internal-protein-skimmer.htmlRant...I am sick and tired of buying skimmers and having them discontinue the damn impellers.  I have a perfectly find precision marine gathering dust because I cannot find an impeller...and now possibly this one.

Had that exact pump go out on me 2 weeks ago.  I am replacing the skimmer with a bubble magus.  Also tired of seeing equipment like this discontinued...

Sadly I am not sure if the impeller is bad, the pump is bad, or both.  The impeller rattles around in the pump for a minute or so then the pump overheats and shuts off.  The impeller just refuses to turn.

Can you take a picture of the impeller? You may just need to glue it back together and have a working pump again. It's what I've done about 3 times but now the impeller is too broken. 

Sure I will take a picture when I get home.  The shaft is in good condition, and I don't think there was anything broken on the impeller.  

Here that impeller.  I know so very little about these, but I don't think there is anything wrong with it.  Do they fail without actually breaking?
72n9uMU.jpg

cFmd9Im.jpg

Yeah that looks like a new good impeller to me.  One thing to check though, spin the magnet and it should catch the yellow portion and take it with it.  If the magnet spins freely without catching the yellow, then it will never work and you need to glue the magnet and yellow together and it will work again.  If it does catch and the entire thing spins together on the rod then its a good impeller and your pump went bad.

Awesome, thanks for the info mginster!  It does in fact catch as it should, so it seems I made the right choice replacing the skimmer.  The Bubble Magus arrives today.   Is this the same impeller you need?