Woo hoo! a molting success story - (hey, i'm new to this)

JumboAg99

Membership Expired
[Cool.
One of my hermit crab's left his shell the other day. Saw him outside the shell. Got worried when it didn't appear to move for a couple of days... Today, I come home from work and find that it moved into the shell of a (former) scarlet hermit I lost a few weeks ago.

Don't make fun.... I'm new to this.. It's the little things that count. :D]

[Awesome isnt it? LOL I thought My hermits were dying when I 1st saw that. The lil' bodys floating around and such, at 1st i thought I had a mantis. Then I noticed the numbers were the same and I hadnt lost any.Posted the same topic on this board and foind out that they were simply molting! Its a cool hobby isnt it? :)

Andy]

[I was surprised at how long it takes.. I figured one night they'd leave one shell and move to another. Not leave a shell and sit in a ball for three days before moving into the new shell 2 inches from where it left the old one.]

[picky little punk... noticed that he left his new shell for an even bigger one today. :bomb:

Good thing I have plenty of empties in the tank... gonna have to do a head count of the snails in a couple of days if this keeps up!]