wlgorman's 14 biocube

Had my nanocube 28 advanced. for a year and a half. Picked up a biocube w an extra hood from noon here on the forums. Ordered rapidled's retro kid for it. Also went ahead and picked up parts to switch out the super bright led on the nanocube to a better spectrum. Ill be posting threads for each build.

Went to DNA today for some water and other stuff. Wasn't planning on setting the biocube up yet but as I was standing there they came by and marked ALL live rock to $1.99/lb so I had to pick some up along w some rubble. Stopped by Lowe's on the way home and got some pond foam and egg crate. Got home and set up my aquascape and made a rock wall for the back. I tried to drop sand on the foam while it was still curing but it didn't work too well. Coralline will tank over the black foam eventually.

This tank will be sps dominant. Rapidled kits shipped today so they should be in by early next week.

How does the scape look for a future sps tank?

e9u4anev.jpg
alt="">

Looks great. I like the arch with the flat rock in front of it. I'll be interested to see what the back wall looks like once the water clears up a bit.

Back wall wasn't in yet. I was letting it cure. I got in too big a hurry, should have float tested it and put it in before the water. It was WAY too buoyant. If anyone needs a rock wall for a 14 biocube its free, just need to add another piece of egg crate to lay on the bottom of the tank and add some rock to keep it down.

Looking good! That rockwork will provide plenty of spots to place your corals! Are you going to add a few LPS corals in there, too, for some movement? I could see a nice torch or hammer in this tank!