Wild or True Perc.....

I'm looking to purchase a clown for the tank. My biggest goal is for him to nest in the anemone..With that being said, would I do better with a True clown or a Wild one... I'm not sure what the difference is , but at the stores they have both. Also, I should add that I have a condylactus that a clown was nesting in when I bought it, but I'm also willing to purchase another type.

Wild means wild caught. Captive means tank bred. Buying captive bred is more responsible and doesn't seem to effect the hosting at all.

Perculas are a type of clownfish and false perculas are a different type.

If you read the two sticky threads on the top of this forum then you wil get a ton more info on who hosts in what, etc. etc.

The Condy is not a host anemone and has actually been known to eat a clown or two!

Host anemones are fairly high up on the difficulty scale so as I mentioned do lots of research before buying one to ensure you have the proper lighting, etc. etc.

Also remember, sometimes clowns won't host anemones, no matter how hard we try or want them too. My false percs have had nothing to do with my BTA ever since I brought them home together. But if this happens, you can always trade them back in at the LFS