*Which is Better*

@stevieb05 wrote:
Which skimmer do you guys think is better SWC Xtreme cone or Bubble master? said:
Which models? Pretty sure you'd be better off with the Cone, but give us the model number and I am sure you'll get a bunch of others to consider based on price vs performance.

Let us know your tank size, bioload and the space you have to work with in the sump as well as your budget.

@stevieb05 wrote:
swc xtreme cone mini S or bubble king 200 going on a heavy stocked 150gal said:
Well in your first post you said Bubble Master.. then you said Bubble King. That makes a big difference but I'll assume you meant Bubble Master :)

Are you married to those two? The cone is going to give you more efficiency, they use the same pumps. BM's have been around for awhile so they are a little dated. I owned one for a time an didn't like it because I was constantly having to tune it. When it skimmed it was great, but with the constant fussing over it I retired it and seriously upgraded to a Bubble King 250 Deluxe.

In that price range, you might to look into the I-Tech 200 with the Tunze pump. Hankzilla has one he is in love with, he would sleep with it if he could :)

If you are heavy into sps and have a heavy critter bioload, look into the I-Tech 400 cone with dual Tunze pump's, that will provide greater "wiggle room" and you will pretty much never have to upgrade your skimmer. They are also working on a 400 model with a single pump configuration. John the owner has exceptional customer service, you can contact him directly an he will respond pretty fast. Here is a link to their forum. http://www.i-techskimmers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7