Where do you shop for bta?

Chino

Premium Member
[Just curious where everyone goes for their anemones. Ive been going to pet o rama in bedford but i dont really like the guy thats been working there lately. Hes been helping me but kind of being rude about it. It seems like i cant even go in there and just "window shop". He literaly said to me " What are you looking at now sheesh." because I kept going around the store and just looking around and then back to the corals. I think the only store Ive never been to is Fish Paradise, kinda hard to find. Thanks for any suggestions.]

[Ole Matt at Tranquilscape in Arlington was showing me their collection of rbta's - nice selection of both wild-caught and various sized splits from their own house-rbtas.

I had lust in my heart...]

Edited By cpalmist on 1093465724

[Chris,
What did you want for the Green BTA? Im interested If Chino doesnt want it. let me know please!

Andy

PS : hey Rev, you outta see the Monster RBTA that Brad Ward has- Biggest one Ive ever seen. Bigger than a catchers mitt!]

Edited By Maldivan on 1093467662

[Im just looking for a host for my perc. I dont know of all the types of BTAs. Only ones I ever seen are RBTAs. According to level of maintenace and difficulty, arent BTAs they easiest to take care of? Or can you guys suggest another type of anemone for me to host my perc?]

[BTAs are easier than most. Condys are probably even easier, but seem to sting things more and have sticky tentacles. None are very tolerant of bad water.

BTAs are BTAs. Some are rose colored, some are green (maybe others?).]

[Hi
Its a shame you all are so far away I started with 2 bta's acouple of months ago I have four now and one is getting ready to spit, I knew I should have bought the rose bta's it would have almost paid for the lights by now. Maybe I will bring a couple to the sept meeting for trading. What do you all think?
Joe]

Edited By hydro on 1093505790

[I bought a BTA about 1-2 months ago, it is cream colored. What is the fascination with rose BTAs? Are they prettier, more valueable?]

@hydro wrote:
[Maybe I will bring a couple to the sept meeting for trading. What do you all think? Joe] said:
[I was thinking about getting another because I have 3 clowns and my tomato won't let my clarkii or ocelaris in the BTA but with all this talk about splitting maybe I should just wait for that.]

[Oh, sting my conscience! The green bta in the 75 went south recently, so the clown has now taken up residence in my waving hand xenia. Kinda sad...]