when to replace DI cartridge

thedocisin

Premium Member
Wondering how you decide when to change your DI cartridge. I have a TDS meter. on my 4 stage RO/DI unit. Changed 2 months ago and now TDS coming out of DI at 6. Water going in at 68. Any guidance or rule of thumb for when to change? Mark

When it stops reading 0 you should be changing it. 68 seems pretty high going into di.

68 before ro/di or before the di?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once my TDS reads as much as 4 coming out of the DI stage, I replace it.

That's good information to know. Do you replace the carbon and prefilter routinely at the same time? Or do you use other criteria?

If you produce 125g of pure water per month (or less), the prefilters are good for six months.

Sounds like you have an issue with your RO unit. Where is are the reading the 68? Is that tap or after the RO membrane? Either way something is wrong.

I think my RO membrane is shot. About 3 years old and i never flushed it. (didn't know I should). I'm going to replace it and get a manual flush add-on. Thanks for the help. Mark

You should get a tdi reading of incoming water before the ro/di, if it is really high you should be changing your prefilters earlier than 6 months at least that's what i do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk