Whats the best clean up crew

Ok im in dire need of a clean up crew I have 2 29g biocubes one is a hqi so far I bought a dragon sand sifter and a golden head sand sifter(there not in the same tank lol) and a scooter blenny in each tank so far my hqi tank is perfect but my stock tank the sand is turning brownish and I saw a majano in there what do I do I have snails and crabs but for some reason my stock tank isnt as clean looking as my hqi what do I need to get to get this back under control

Diatoms on the sand are normal during an initial setup of a tank. It occurs, and then subsides on its own. I think it can happen this way anytime during the first few months of setting a tank up. I think some suggest directing the water flow in such a way as to blow across the sand a little bit in the worst areas, and maybe opening up some flow by repositioning any rocks that are interfering with flow in that area. I use lots of snails. I quit using crabs because they eat my snails, and don't live very long. The snails live a long time. So I keep lots of them - maybe like 500 dwarf ceriths in my 65 gallon tank. I also keep about 30 nasarrius snails - sand sifters. And I have a dozen Nerite snails as well. All of these are in my 65. A scooter blenny does not eat diatoms, and is not any part of a cleanup crew. I have one of those as well. It eats live stuff in your tank - pods and worms.

I don't know about majanos.

David

I just thought that the scooter blenny moves the sand the ine I have in my hqi is always on the move and moves the sand quit well lol and I have like 30snails in the tank(stock biocube)and they do nothing only come out during feeding those greedy bastards lol

The burrowing snails that come out during feeding are eating junk under the sand, and the food crumbs on top of it when you feed. The ceriths work on the top of the sand. Get about 200 and in time, they will very likely have it cleaned up.

David

I have the same problem. I just set up a 75 and everything is covered in brown gunk. I picked up a few margarita snails and some ceriths and they are working on it in 2 weeks when I get paid I am going to order a bunch of snails. If you want in on that order let me know.

@bj_sweeten wrote:
I have the same problem. I just set up a 75 and everything is covered in brown gunk. I picked up a few margarita snails and some ceriths and they are working on it in 2 weeks when I get paid I am going to order a bunch of snails. If you want in on that order let me know. said:
Probably just new tank cycling ...try more flow and dont use alot light at first

yeah that is what i have been told but the few snails i have are haveing an all you can eat buffett and loving it right now. lol
i have some cheap power heads now so i will be upgrading to the korelias soon

@bj_sweeten wrote:
yeah that is what i have been told but the few snails i have are haveing an all you can eat buffett and loving it right now. lol i have some cheap power heads now so i will be upgrading to the korelias soon said:
MAybe get you a few trochus snails....i put some in my tank a few months back and they have ate everything in sight but one small patch about a inch long. . For my sand i have florida fighting conchs....two on my sand bed. They have worked out great for me. That and maybe some more flow and time will clear things up.

hope everyone is doing well, i have a 29g biocube as well, all i have are 2 turbos, 2 astreas, and 2 trochus. have never had any issues.

Well my golden head sand sifter is doing a.pretty good job with the sand.but he has no regards for what little corals I have in the tank lol so every day im using a.baster to blow the sand off but its.like hes making a.dust storm sands blowing everyware lol but my dragon sandsifter is alot neater he dosnt make a mess in my hqi biocube lol