what killed my cleaner shrimp

I put my a cuc in my tank (5 hermit crabs 1 cleaner shrimp and 1 snail) with a small damsel. Woke up this morning and my cleaner shrimp was dead dont know what could of happened. #Help

MIGHT not dead ... could be his MOLT (where they shed their carcass) and the live shrimp may reappear in 3-4 days (if you can't find it hanging upside down and wobbling). 5 hermit crabs would have eaten it by now and you would have *pieces* vs the full molt. The molt is transparent looking vs a *thicker* looking body.

@sirrockie25 wrote:
The hermit crab did have it this morning but i thought it might have died from something else before he got a hold to it said:
The hermits wouldn't KILL it ... but they would eat the dead shrimp. Never witnessed them nibble on a carcass.

Sounds more like it is dead and as Fiberglassmonkey was asking and getting info on acclimation ... you temperature acclimated, but didn't acclimate to the new water and that could possibly caused shock/stress/death.

@sirrockie25 wrote:
So i should leave him in the bag longer and let it adjust to the water ?? said:
All reef animals required different acclimation process. I float the bag for 20-30 minutes for temperature. Then I open the bag and dump MOST of the water in the bag down a drain. I then add about 5cc (start) slowly adding more each time up to 60cc (size of my syringe) tank water every 15-20 minutes for 2+ hours. DRIP acclimation will reduce the time. I then dump ALL the water in the bag into an empty bowl and release the critters into the aquarium ... IF they were not being quarantined (past).

EVERYTHING that enters my tank now is quarantined -- Never did with CUC till I found a baby aiptasia attached to the shell of a snail.

Most online fish sellers supply an acclimation guide ... here is one from LiveAquaria

I remember this topic you posted ... viewtopic.php?f=2&t=125490&p=929930#p929930
WHEN did you start your cycle? Not sure you were ready for any livestock yet after only one month cycle.

I'd agree that it its dead it's most likely because of no acclimation, shrimp can be more sensitive. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a molt though as it can look a lot like a dead shrimp and crabs will pick at the molt.