What is that?!?!--NM, Sea Hare croaked

So I bought this Sea Hare the other day. Late yesterday I notice this...thing... coming out of a hole on the side of its face. Basically, it looks like a paddle-tailed night crawler, or some kind of hook worm, but it has the same color and texture as the Sea Hare, so I can't tell if it is a part of the, or something else. I can't get a pic right now, but I'll try to borrow a camera.

Anyone know what it may be from the dsescription? It's pretty dang big, probably about 2"-3" long.

Is it his "ears"? That is why they are called sea hares, they have bunny ears.
It could also be a number of creatures that may have a symbiotic relationship with the sea hare. I remember watching somehing on discovery about some creature that lives in the umm... err... anus of another larger creature.

believe me, it ain't the ears! It looks just like a worm. It's teh same color and texture, though the tail part is flattened, heavily curved and has an orange/tan color. I thought it was laying an egg at first, but I really don't think that's what it is now!

needpics.gif
alt="">

Went away for the weekend, borrowed a camera on my way back. Got home to find my Nassarious snails chewing holes in the Sea Hares side. It really hadn't eaten much of what was in the tank, though it did knock over quite a bit. A buddy thinks that since they are so light sensetive, it may have died due to not having a dark enough hole to hide in. :cry: