What do you guys do?

Good morning everyone,
I live in Wichita Falls and need some advice. I'm by no means an expert, but I'm finding that my corals are growing unusually fast these days, not really use to that. N/E way, I have an orange digita that is about to come in contact (the encrusting portion) with my ORA monti spongodes. What do you guys do when this happens? From looking at it, it doesn't look like I will be able to "Peel" if you will it apart. I'm concerned because the spongodes is growing like a weed and it is very motivating. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. Ill try to take a picture today when i get home from work. Thanks. -GROD

Either break most of one coral and move it or let them touch not much you can do

If I end up letting them touch, hopefully they become friends jajaja. Ill see if there is a way to break/create a seperation between the two. Thanks, btw, hows ur joes rainbow? Haven't seen a pic lately, that coral is awesome man

@grod205 wrote:
If I end up letting them touch said:
it's a slow grower it is just encrusting the plug not shooting up hopefully once it encrusts the whole plug it will start growing up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

here is a current pic

DSC_0895.jpg
alt="">

Well its lessons learned on my part. If I were you, I would move the corals and ensure you put your Monti's in the sand. That way they only grow where you want them. That is what I have done recently. Other wise its going to be an on going battle that you will not win. Currently I would trim them back and start making plans to move before it gets out of control. Right now it doens't look like much of an issue.

I'm not sure what you want to do, but if it was mine... I would do the following.

Break the biggest portion of the spongodes off the rock that you can in the form that you want and glue it to another small rock. Take that rock and place the coral some where else in the aquarium. Preferably a small rock in the sand. From the picture, it looks like it is branching and also attatching its base to the rock in several places. The places that it atatched itself to the rock, you will need to remove the rock and pry off the remainder coral with a razor or screw driver. Its much easier if you just scrape the coral and dont try to salvage those pieces. Its up to you. Take a little tank water and rinse the rock. You can take Kalc solution 50/50 to place on the places where you think it will return. Let stand for couple minutes and rinse off carefully, not allow solution to touch your orange encrusting coral. Once done return the orange encrusting coral back to the aquarium. You may want to break the rock it its a big rock, and place it in the sand as well. Let it encrust the whole rock. The sand will keep it from spreading every where. If you want to frag it, its pretty simple. You can just place the encrusted rock in the sand on top of what ever you want it to spread to and its easly broken when you are ready to frag it. Just my 2cents.

Wow, sounds pretty intense. I've never really thought about breaking the rock like that. Tonight when I get home from work ill take a really good look at where I can possibly seperate these two. The spongodes is actually really big, the pic denotes a small portion (what i consider big in my tank). I can see the digita getting chopped off if anything.