What corals does your Centropyge pick at/consume?

Hey folks, I've wanted a Centropyge for a few years and have always held off and gone without.
Of course it's due to their propensity to pick at/consume corals, which I love so very much.
So please share with me what corals (if any) your Dwarf Angel likes to pick on or eat.
Thanks folks!

@Kelly wrote:
Hey folks said:
I have had two, a Flame and a Coral Beauty, neither has nipped at anything. My current Coral Beauty is about as big as hes going to get and aside from a bit of aggression towards chromis he leaves all corals alone.

Its an individualized fish thing... some will do it some won't. Trick seems to be keeping them well fed on easy food and with foods designed for their needs so they don't go taste testing.

Well it's certainly time to try one.
I'm thinking a C. Heraldi, C. Nox, or C. Multicolor.
Thanks for the input.

@Kelly wrote:
Well it's certainly time to try one. I'm thinking a C. Heraldi said:
No experience at all with those varieties, not even any memory of them being mentioned in posts.

In my experience with c. acanthops (flameback), c. bispinosus (coral beauty), and c. loricula (flame), the flame was the only nipper. Never saw it pick on any other lps like frogspawns, hammers, or duncans, but it was relentless on acans.

I have a nice collection of Acanthastrea and Euphyllia so they are my main concern.
I guess I'll just have to try one and keep it well fed.
I just hate the idea of buying a fish, putting it through QT, just to have to re-home it in the sale forum...

When you have it in qt put the corals in there see if it nips at them if it does then you know he needs to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@kuyatwo wrote:
When you have it in qt put the corals in there see if it nips at them if it does then you know he needs to go Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk said:
I can't put corals in the QT due to the fish medications correct?
It's had cupramine and prazipro ran through it...

@Kelly wrote:
[I]@kuyatwo wrote:[/I][quote="When you have it in qt put the corals in there see if it nips at them if it does then you know he needs to go Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk said:
I can't put corals in the QT due to the fish medications correct?
It's had cupramine and prazipro ran through it..."]

Nope.... that would be bad.

Well trying one and then putting them up for adoption is about your only choice. They all can nip or outright demolish corals, you just need to find one that won't do that. You may get lucky right off the bat, or it may take a few tries or species.

DaveJ, looks like that is indeed my only option.
I'll give it a shot until I get lucky.
Thanks again, time to go shopping.

Why not put the corals before you
Medicate it no point medicating a fish you might be giving away. If fish is healthy when you get it I think you can wait couple days before you medicate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@kuyatwo wrote:
Why not put the corals before you Medicate it no point medicating a fish you might be giving away. If fish is healthy when you get it I think you can wait couple days before you medicate it. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk said:
That's true, but I imagine there is residual medication from the previous fish that have been in QT, making the water unsafe for corals.
It's had several doses of various medications ran through it and I don't think it's ok to subject corals to that.
If anything, once the fish is in DT, I'll put some frags in a vented "critter keeper" with the Centropyge to see if it nips.

Copper stays in the tank. Other than that, most of the medications will wash away or breakdown over time. If you have had copper in a system though, you'll want to avoid putting corals or inverts in it.