Water Temp

G

I am just curious if having the temp at 78 lights off and 80 with the lights on. Is that to much of a temperature change?

Not really - it happens slowly, over the day, right?

Mine often do that - 78 in the morning, and 80 at night when the lights turn off.

A really big swing, say from 78 to 82, now THAT would be something to worry about, if it happens quick :wink:

No worries, mate.

So if I can get it to where next to nothing temp swing would that be best? And yes it happens slowly over night I have a heater on so it does not drop to fast

Well, yes, next to nothing would be swell. Almost impossible, but swell :D

The ocean changes temp in shallow water, but deeper water, hardly at all. It depends on where your livestock is from for it to "weather" a change.

Really, though, 2 degrees is no big deal. My thermometer only goes in two's.

2 Degrees is really not that big a deal at all. My 55 has some major mood swings! about 75/76 with the lights off and about 81/82 with the lights on! Coral where doing just fine then! I have since added a fan and a heater to better control tempertures.

I have noticed that the fish look healthier! Much less ich problem! Corals still healthy, probally more happy though.

In tropical waters, at most reef depths the temperature changes not at all from day to night. And only a few degrees over the entire year. So the less swing you have the better, whether your starting point is warmer or cooler.