Want to get opinions about Planet Peninsula tank dimension / size..

jack_tx

Premium Member
I am considering to build a new Planet Peninsula Aquarium, and want to get your experiences and advise.
Do you think which of the following options is easy to maintain / better for coral placement and growing / better for fish? will 30" (H) too high and not easy to reach the bottom to maintain ? 
Any suggestion for the model / size of the sump I should use ?

Option 1 ==>  96"(L) x 30"(D) x 30" (H) -- 375 gals
Option 2 ==>  96"(L) x 30"(D) x 25" (H) -- 310 gals
Option 3 ==>  96"(L) x 36"(D) x 25" (H) -- 375 gals

Thank you in advance.

Jack

I had a 84x30x30 tank and it was a nightmare to deal with anything on the bottom...i sold that and got a 96x30x25 and love it I can reach every inch of the tank with no ladders (it's a peninsula)..i would love to have that 36in width but couldn't justify that xtra cost for 6in..as for sump on that 84x30x30 I used a tideline 48 and it worked perfectly fine ...

Well I just ordered the 150 from them it will be in this week can't wait it's 25 inches tall didn't want to have to dive in it are I would have gone bigger 

Will 96"(L) x 36"(D) x 25" (H) be more difficult to maintain than 96"(L) x 30"(D) x 25" (H)  ?  good for Coral / fish , right ?
For Planet Metal stand -- how much will it cost to purchase the stand wood panels ? Can I purchase the panels later on ? or I must purchase them with metal stand at the same time so they can install some hardwares in order to mount the panels on it ? Please advise.

I had all my metal stands built by Alberto callejas...he does excellent work also way cheaper...alot of people in dfw has used him...i know it voids the warranty but let's be real if a tank 300+ gallons bust your probley out of this hobby anyways....

I would vote option 3 as anything more than a 25" depth is too much of a pain to maintain, but the 36" width makes for fantastic aquascaping options--plus give more room for fish to swim.

we just purchased the planet aquarium 150 peninsula and its a nice tank, i think its either 25 or 26 inches tall.
dependeing on the height of your stand it could be hairy reaching the bottom easily, i can do it with a 30 inch stand but im up to my armpit.
best advice i could give you is to try and get 3 holes drilled in it for a bean animal style drain, but a big tank like you are talking about getting may already have that factored in, mine didnt and i had to use one return as a emergency drain, which wasnt really a problem i just y'd the other off with lockline in the overflow.
if you have the resources id go with the 36x25
they are nice tanks tho.

@seanb1
60.5 x 24.5 x 25 same tank I just got myself