Ushio buld just bought not sure I got what I needed

I went over to A to T lamps in Lewisville and purchased a 70w Ushio DE bulb and went I installed it and turned the Sunpod on the output is alot more yellow than the stock bulb the sunpod came with. The guy at A to T lamp said is was a 13k bulb but I have never bought MH bulbs before and this seems to be a huge difference in color from 14k stock bulb to 13k Ushio.

Any way to tell what the K rating is for the bulb? The package the bulb came in has no markings that show the K rating.. The fixture is on and I dont want to crank the light off until tonight..

You may want to give the bulb some time to color up. I will say I've seen a lot of negative reviews on the mh bulbs carried at A to T.

@Opus wrote:
You may want to give the bulb some time to color up. I will say I've seen a lot of negative reviews on the mh bulbs carried at A to T. said:
Why would the ushio bulb be different at A to T than another place?

He told me it was a 13k but I cant find a 13k Ushio 70w on the net but I do see some 10k

A & T is good for fuge lights but they dont carry the bulbs you want. They carry grow bulbs. Heck it maybe 6.5K. If its really yellow that will likely mean lots of light as measured by PAR, great to grow but not so great to look at.

Even dealing with A to T face to face in multiple transactions I kinda find them to be the Soup Nazis. If you dont ask right, no soup for you.

Sorry but if its just one bulb, save it as a back up and order the bulbs in the flavor you want online and know what you are getting.

I never heard of a 13K Ushio either ( but I dont buy DE either ).

Ushio makes 10k, 14K, and 20K. The store you bought it from tends to rip people off, I know someone else that has done the same thing as you did. Ushio does have very good bulbs, try ordering from marinedepot or something like that, also look for a code on the bulb that you bought to make sure it's ushio, it might be the right one just not what you expected.

@Anton M wrote:
Ushio makes 10k said:
they sold the bulb to me for 40 + tax and that seemed like a really good price for an ushio bulb. It is just way too yellow for my taste. I ordered a XM 20k from Hellolights for 59 and free shipping.

Ill look at the writing on the bulb tonight when I get home (at work still) to see if it has the K rating on it.

I dont think it has a rating on it, it will probably have a short code that you can copy into yahoo and see if it will return the word Ushio anywhere, that's what I did.

ok heres what is written on the bulb

ushio
UHI-70Aqua
f-152874
g17

on the box it came in it says Ushio UHI-70 UV-P General Lighting Applications
but besides that no other identification marks on it

I cannot figure out what the heck I have... lets just say I wont be using that store anymore.