Tunze 9002, who stands by it?

been contemplating getting a tunze 9002, or a hang-on octopus skimmer. Ive been asking around on nano-reef.com, and many people have stood by the tunze. And i have a couple friends who stand by the octopus hang on skimmer, like zjohns. So Before i spend a bunch of money on one i want to know what you guys think? keep in mind that its for my 24 gallon Aquapod.

I would get the Tunze over the octopus. I believe Opus(username ) uses a tunze, you may want to check with him.

Cheers,

I just got a Tunze Nano skimmer last week and love it. It was easy to get tuned and I'm getting some nice skimmate out of it. It's quiet and works great.

I got mine from Marine Depot and if you need to get another item, shipping is free over $175

Ron is correct again. I run the Reefpack 200 in my 30gal tank. The reefpack 200 includes the skimmer along with their nano filter which I like because it pulls the scum off the top of the water. I really like the skimmer and it does a great job. It is very easy to control the skimmate. I usually go for a dry foam but lately I've been running it wet.

I will say that when I got this there weren't all these great hob skimmers that are out now. Honestly I might have gone with the octopus or a deltec. They get great reviews. Just realize that the Tunze has to go inside the tank and will take up space and it will be in plain sight. I know some people like a "clean" look to their tank.

Only knock on the Tunze is the skimmer cup sticks up out of the tank so it can be a problem if you have a hood or it can limit your lighting placement. I wanted to use the legs for my light fixture but they weren't high enough to clear the top of the skimmer cup.

Yeah, had a problem with my lighting, had to move my fixture over a fwe inches. I actually like that it's in the tank though, I have always had leaks with my hob skimmers

Pretty happy with mine. Yea it takes up tank space but it's silent compared to the Remora HOB it replaced.

I have three, one in each of my tanks. They do a great job. The pumps are warrantied for 2 years. They're easy to clean. Tunze customer service is great. They now come with magnet holders making them easier to mount than the older style. Depending on your set up the only issue might be the cup. In my 15g frag I have to set the lights up higher, but in my other two tanks the unit sits in the refugium.

I have one in my aquapod 24. I think it does a great job. If you have the HQI lighting it will fit perfectly into the rear chamber. haven't noticed any noise and it pulls out a great skimmate. I got mine for $150 at Mid Cities Aquarium in Euless.