Trouble with AC3 Program

I finally bit the bullet and bought an AC3 - connected it to a wireless bridge and tried to rename some of the timers to fit my needs.

I renamed the PM1% to FUG$ on A04

For some reason, when I ran the program, the FUG light on A04 (plug 04) never comes on, even if I manually turn it on from the web interface or the display on the controller. So after a day of jackin with it- I reset the entire thing and start over. Again - I renamed and now the light doesn't turn off - even when I manually turn it off from the web interface or the controller.

Can someone look over the program and let me know what I'm doing wrong?

THX

HERE IS THE MODIFIED CODE
Timer Names
T51$-A01
T52$-A02
T53$-A03
FUG$-A04
HET%-A05
FAN%-A06
OZN&-A07
CO2&-A08

If Time > 10:30 Then T51 ON
If Time > 22:30 Then T51 OFF
If Time > 11:30 Then T52 ON
If Time > 23:30 Then T52 OFF
If Time > 12:00 Then T53 ON
If Time > 00:00 Then T53 OFF
If Time > 00:00 Then FUG ON (((Intentionally left on)))
If Temp > 77.0 Then FAN ON
If Temp < 76.5 Then FAN OFF
If Temp 76.5 Then HET OFF
If ORP 385 Then OZN OFF
If pH > 08.45 Then CO2 ON
If pH < 08:30 Then CO2 OFF

So you want the fuge light ot come on at midnight? Seems you need another command to shut it down.

Maybe something like this?

If Time > 10:30 Then T51 ON
If Time > 22:30 Then T51 OFF
If Time > 11:30 Then T52 ON
If Time > 23:30 Then T52 OFF
If Time > 12:00 Then T53 ON
If Time > 00:00 Then T53 OFF
If Time > 00:00 Then FUG ON (((Intentionally left on)))
[If Time > 10:30 Then FUG OFF]
If Temp > 77.0 Then FAN ON
If Temp < 76.5 Then FAN OFF
If Temp 76.5 Then HET OFF
If ORP 385 Then OZN OFF
If pH > 08.45 Then CO2 ON
If pH < 08:30 Then CO2 OFF

I dont know if you frequent reef central but kenargo wrote a program to simulate your commands. I havent used it but plan too. It may be usefull to mess around with until you figure out your trouble.

http://mysite.verizon.net/kenargo/AC3Software/Simulator/publish.htm

@djr2001 wrote:
DC8

I think I've isolated the problem to the dc8 instead of the controller or program. When I plug the AC JR to the dc8 and try to manually turn off the fug - it still stays on.."]

Marcus,
It's not the DC8, you can't use that command standalone like that. I modified my program and it does't work as well. My Fug light happened to be on after modifying it and it stayed on and would not toggle off. I tried it with the light off first and couldn't turn it off, it just stay's in whatever state it's in. Just plug it in if you want it on 24hr a day, why take up the socket on your DC8, either that or do as Chris mentioned and put a stop/start time. If you are running Chaeto it actually requires rest time.

Cheers,

@chrisT wrote:
Ron's the man! :D You should check out that simulator its nice. said:
I actually have it loaded on the computer upstair's but haven't used it yet....that would be too easy. :lol:

Cheers,

@bimmerzs wrote:
DC8

I think I've isolated the problem to the dc8 instead of the controller or program. When I plug the AC JR to the dc8 and try to manually turn off the fug - it still stays on.."]

Marcus,
It's not the DC8, you can't use that command standalone like that. I modified my program and it does't work as well. My Fug light happened to be on after modifying t and it stayed on and would not toggle off. I tried it with the light off frst and could.nt turn it off, it just stay's in whatever state it's in. Just plug it in if you want it on 24hr a day, why take up the socket on your DC8, either that or do as Chris mentioned and put a stop/start time. If you are running Chaeto it actually requires rest time.

Cheers,"]

Thanks - I'm following what you're saying so; I've modified the code - NOW the FUG/A04 toggles on and off but not as it's supposed to. Example: Right now - the controller shows on the display that a04 is turned on. The web interface shows it is turned on however - looking under the stand - the fuge light is off. Now - the strange thing - when I toggle to OFF, the fuge light (a04) turns on.... :?:

Had I been drinking tonight - I'd say I've had too much but I t`aint been drinking tonight - I know I'm not crazy...

@bimmerzs wrote:
Get rid of the If time > 00:00 and see what happens said:
I updated the FUG section to include an on and off time.
If I remove both - the fug does not toggle on or off automatically....

I guess for now, I'll just swap the times around so that whenever I want the fuge to come on, the program will say OFF but whenever I want the fuge off, the program will say ON...

@djr2001 wrote:
[I]@bimmerzs wrote:[/I][quote="Get rid of the If time > 00:00 and see what happens said:
I updated the FUG section to include an on and off time.
If I remove both - the fug does not toggle on or off automatically....

I guess for now, I'll just swap the times around so that whenever I want the fuge to come on, the program will say OFF but whenever I want the fuge off, the program will say ON..."]

You can move to another slot also, slots 4 and 8 use different relays for low current devices. It sounds more like a conflict, are you sure nothing else has A04 assigned to it as well.

Very strange. It _should_ override whatever program you set with the manual control on the unit or via the web interface.

Marcus,

I had a similar problem recently. Thought my DC8 had lost it. I had one outlet on the unit that was not working. I put the device in another socket to test and it worked fine.

I unplugged (removed power) from the DC8 and reset the Controller and all was fine after that.

If Time > 00:00 Then FUG ON is the proper command to use as it sets the default power condition. You could set it to OFF and them add the line If Time > 00:15 Then FUG ON to toggle it. But it is not necessary.

I would try the fuge light in another socket and see if the commands do in fact work. For example plug it into A05 and use the web interface to turn the light on and off. If that works then the socket could be bad. You can get it replaced pretty easily. Neptune is good about that.

@djr2001 wrote:
Command does work.. I think its the actual socket. I've emailed neptune to see about a replacement since this unit is only a few months old..."]

Glad you got it figured out, strange how the socket would work in reverse of what you commanded it to do, a bad socket usually doesn't work at all or works intermittently. It sounded more like a control issue, but Neptune will take care of you as Steve said. :)

Cheers,

is it possible to set a timer to come on once a week for a certain number of hours? The goal is to have a litermeter connected and exchange a large amount of water once a week....