To clean, or not to clean?

I have had RO water in my tank for the last month as I work through plumbing issues and get everything ready. I am just about there... this weekend I hope to be draining the tank, putting the rock and sand in, and then filling it with fresh salt water. The question is, should I give the tank a good vinegar wipe-down once it is empty? I assume the bacteria that has built up in the tank will not survive in salt (but could be way off base). If I don't clean it, I am guessing it would die and provide a bio-load for new salt water bacteria to start the tank cycling? Clean or don't clean?

Ive only setup two tanks from scratch, doing a freshwater run to check for leaks. I didnt wipe the tank down after draining it, and didnt have any issues.

Go with whatever makes you the most happy. :)

I've setup up 4 tanks from scratch over the past 5 months. The first was brand spanking new. Everything fresh from the factory, spotless. Took over 8 weeks before I could add anything other than bait fish.

The Neo 90 was used, still had dead coralline algae, funky crushed limestone that never flushed 100% clear, etc. It cycled in 3 weeks, although the skimmer went nuts the first 6 days or so.

YMMV

--Howard

Thanks guys. I have drained the tank and will probably wipe out any visible crud but won't waste my time giving it a full vinegar cleaning.